Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Photoshop versus what you use

Featured Replies

I have been working with photoshop CS3 as photoshop is all i have used for a few years but i now find that i am getting some bad quality fonts in my work i have played with all the settings i think will influence the text but all i get is a dodgy pixely text where as microsoft word handles the fonts fine why is that? I'm sure previous photoshops have handled fonts better then this. Are there fonts especially for photoshop software that you get good quality with?

 

I was wondering what other software people use for there graphics and text and when you have your text what software you use for adding effects to it?

I have been working with photoshop CS3 as photoshop is all i have used for a few years but i now find that i am getting some bad quality fonts in my work i have played with all the settings i think will influence the text but all i get is a dodgy pixely text where as microsoft word handles the fonts fine why is that? I'm sure previous photoshops have handled fonts better then this. Are there fonts especially for photoshop software that you get good quality with?

 

I was wondering what other software people use for there graphics and text and when you have your text what software you use for adding effects to it?

Sounds like you have not enabled anti-aliasing on photoshop- I can't imagine it's pixellated for any other reason. To answer your other question, I use GIMP which is a free graphics manipulation program. I highly recommend it.

Agree with notbanksy...... set it to "sharp" I think.

 

Same thing happened to me when designing a graphic. I couldn't work out why the text looked c**p and jagedy. I reset the anti-aliasing and it worked. So do try that first.

  • Author

I have actualy played with the anti aliasing and find it does get better, however on printing it seems the quality was not there. Thing is i have a new printer and its a slight down grade from my previous so on printing it came out slightly jagged where as i used the same size font (18pt) in microsoft word and got a lot better quality but without the tools and features that photoshop has. Could this have anything to do with any settings on photoshop as to why i get a bad print?

I have actualy played with the anti aliasing and find it does get better, however on printing it seems the quality was not there. Thing is i have a new printer and its a slight down grade from my previous so on printing it came out slightly jagged where as i used the same size font (18pt) in microsoft word and got a lot better quality but without the tools and features that photoshop has. Could this have anything to do with any settings on photoshop as to why i get a bad print?

Yes - are you using the correct resolution for your printer? Most print happens at 300dpi, but some domestic printers may be different. Check the manual. Set the resolution to the same as your printer and see if that helps.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
Yes - are you using the correct resolution for your printer? Most print happens at 300dpi, but some domestic printers may be different. Check the manual. Set the resolution to the same as your printer and see if that helps.

 

Hey, after playing with what handles the colour scheme and printer settings i got a result, cheers for your help.

i am a die hard Photoshop fan, though i use corel draw sometimes for logo designing

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.