Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LukeS

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LukeS

  1. LukeS replied to LukeS's topic in Website Design and UX
    Because JS was quicker to do at the time.
  2. Also, you might want to add body { text-align: center; } as (correct me if I'm wrong), IE7 Doesn't like #container_name { margin: 0 auto; }
  3. LukeS replied to LukeS's topic in Website Design and UX
    I know how to do CSS rollovers, just chose not to. And the spee dis based on how quickly the images load, and whether they are preloaded (which they aren't), but this can be achieved with JS.
  4. LukeS replied to LukeS's topic in Website Design and UX
    Thanks for replies everyone. I ws intending to supply free html, css and php tutorials from my site, (how did you guess ), but I kinda gave up on it. Kept the layout incase someone else wanted or I wanted it in future.
  5. LukeS replied to LukeS's topic in Website Design and UX
    Lol, no worries.
  6. LukeS replied to LukeS's topic in Website Design and UX
    Thanks for your reply, I haven't validated yet, will do that soon, and it is in divs and css. I'm not sure where you got the table thing from :S And thanks for comments.
  7. LukeS posted a topic in Website Design and UX
    Just wondering what people think of my layout? Rating out of 10, comments, criticisms, errors, all appreciated. Thanks, Luke. http://www.lukesims.co.uk/tut/ u: sugar p: cubes
  8. LukeS posted a topic in Server Side
    EDIT: Fixed it!
  9. I don't mean to be rude, but why do you care? If it displays in the browser, surely how it looks in dreamweaver is the least of your worries...
  10. When I'm designing for myself I look around, see what I like and use it as inspiration. If a client gives you something specific ie. a colur scheme a useful site to use is: http://www.designshack.co.uk/gallery/all/ A large directory of "web 2.0" sites and you can browse by colour. Very handy if you can't get any inspiration, or any designs going.
  11. Lmao I made that - didn't think he'd use it for the tutorials site though
  12. Could you not make your own system, seeing as it will rarely be updated and has only one login, wouldn't be that hard.
  13. I would recommend flash, haven't used it for ages but I would have found it easier to do than JS.
  14. Lol josh (I'm his host), my host is down and therefore yours is .
  15. LukeS posted a topic in Website Design and UX
    I realise I'm new to the forum and so I'd just thought I'd show my latest 'thing', which was the layout I made for my tumblr. Any bugs/glitches (I realise IE doesn't like it so much atm) and any comments are welcome. [sorry if in wrong section] http://lukesims.tumblr.com/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.