Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jay D

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jay D

  1. Also, the flower on the right will be different. Iits going to one of their own flowers, its more of a place holder at the minute
  2. ZigPress, thanks for the reply.. A few bits I overlooked, like the footer text but i''ve sorted that out..thank you for pointing it out.. With regards to the logo, there's nothing I can do about that because thats their logo now and they'll never budge on that. Maybe I could change the colour, but i'll do a few changes, and add a few things and see what i can come up with
  3. Not posted for a long while..College work taking priority.. Well, this design is for a florist and wondered what people thought of the design?
  4. Ah, so I do Didn't realise that. Its for a client, and looks like they brought the domain ages ago.. I'm such a noob lol Cheers
  5. Yup, did that. The sites been running since November time, had no problems. Then BOOM this appears and its got me worried
  6. Right, if you go to Elenahomes.co.uk you'll notice that you get what looks like a holding page of some sort.. Now, obviously, this wasn't added by me and i haven't made a change to the website for a few days..Only this morning have I checked it. I just want o know whats gonig on? Also, sorry if not in the right section...I jsut assumed its to do with my hosting
  7. Calling isn't an option at the minute, and as for contacting peartree over this forum; I asked a general question here, and thought I could get an answer much quicker from someone online, then I would from someone that was much busier. I agree, they got more personal furthur down, but initially it was a general question. honestly, i've not encountered having to transfer the domain's for clients, and because of thise I wasn't sure what to do. So I asked on here, thinking maybe someboday could help me out, you know because this is a helpful forum
  8. I've just gotten an email back from BT saying they've changed the tag to ENOM, but say the Is there anything for me to do?
  9. Right, after so much confusion, i've finally got it sorted. Just waiting for BT. Thank you all the help!
  10. Its for a client, but i've usd their real-time help, and requested the nameservers get changed, just sitting around waiting now lol
  11. Right: I set-up hosting with peartree, with the request that they transfer a domain. Now, the domian is with BT Connect. I set the hosting up last week, and nothing has happened with the domain. How do I the domain to point to the website hosted by peartree? Do I change the name servers or TAG? If so, what do I change the tag to?
  12. Yeh, just noticed the conact number isn't to the right, i'll change that. The header does need more work, i'll get that done too
  13. Thank you, the wording is something thats going to be outsourced to a copywriter, hopfully, but the formatting will get changed as for the header, i'll speed it up, just dont want it to go too fast
  14. You mean the domain its currently linked to? Thats just becuase im hosting it while I get it up and running then passibng it over the the client
  15. Some of you may remember when I posted a mock of this website, well after long meetings with the client I started the development... Just wondering what your guys opinions are on it? CLICKY LINKY THINGY Thanks
  16. Have a look here then http://code.jenseng.com/google/
  17. If you search google you'll find a work around, but its in javascript. But, for the extra effort, I dont see the point. It's only there because of googles autofill on their toolbars.
  18. Had a look at full phat design? There from the Mansfield area, and they dont have a blue website? I know mine does, and its good you want to be different but you need to have your colours worknig better for you.. Your website doesn't have to be boring, far from it, but it should also be attractive. You say that the only people that give you bad comments are the people that know about webdesign? Surly thats a good thing, right? These people have been in the business for years and know what works. The average joe user wont know the difference between serif and sans serif, or anything about colour theory. You need to take on board what people say. You dont have to change your design to anything different, just consider what they say...You put your design up for a review, its what you expect.
  19. I like this design, but as mentioned maybe change the colours? I see where your going with the colours, but you just need a little bit of work on them. I think this text should be a little bigger? make it stand out a little more. But other then that, not much else to say, nice layout mate!
  20. Maybe im not hitting the mark, but cant you just use magic wand? click on the background then delete
  21. I'd like maybe a portfolio page, something that i'd go straight to, instead of hunting around for it
  22. I reckon web design will center around the content. MAny sites you go to now overload you with images and bombard you with graphics, shying away from the text. I'd like to see more websits that just simply hold the text. I still think that all browsers all be different, and that won't change until an agreed upon way of rendering pages. Because of this. Long hacks and work arounds will become even more common place, and maybe be part of everyday coding. Less use of brushes, and less use of people thinking they can design because they;ve downloaded a brush set. Erm, how about less use of captchas and a less intrusive way of combating spam? I like the idea that dreamweavers wysiwyg viewer doesn't work well, it forces people to code correctly..
  23. Much better then the blue one you did, you're getting there! It feels more of a blog then a web design site? Not sure if thats what your going for. Maybe remove the margin from the left hand side so it sits flush next to the browser? Edit: Also, for the validation buttons, try and make your own so they look alot nice.
  24. Drop all the blending options you've used. The header could be nice, maybe change the font style or something? I had to scroll alot to get to the content on the main page. The colours don't do it for me, and for the fonts, change them. Your going for a retro theme? Your fonts let you down alot. FONTS Check out that site, a few nice fonts there. Grammer and spelling! There's no need for errors, there's a spell checker in photoshop. Use it. I notice an error on the header. On my screen, the's some padding on the right of the header, but not on the left. Try and have it centeral or even out the padding. I prefer the wavey lines to the grunged up circles down the page
  25. I went off on one there, and didn't mean to label you under the same 'pro' tag! So for that, sorry . I like that you want to learn, and it helps when you ask people. I mean, im only a PM away, and won't be so harsh if you did PM me. Im just drawn into your passion and desire. You have some bite to you. How long have you been looking into webdesign? If its a short amount of time, I don't think you have done bad at all.. Like people have said, look into CSS and the use of colours on a page. Typography is usful too. There's hint of a good designer, just got to train those ideas and create some great works. Keep it up, ask questions and enjoy it

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.