Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alastairq

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alastairq

  1. Anyone else have feedback?
  2. Hey, thanks for the comment I didn't choose to go down the ASP route. They wanted it in ASP even though I usually develop websites in PHP because they already had ASP hosting and didn't want to switch as they had other websites on the same package. ASP did the job though, so it was fine in the end.
  3. Hello, I don't regularly post on here but when I do ask for reviews and suggestions I usually get some good responses which always help me improve. So I've just finished my latest website which is for a speakers club in Liverpool and would love to get some feedback. http://www.liverpoolspeakersclub.org.uk/ Thanks Alastair
  4. andyturner.net could be an option?
  5. Thanks for the nice comment
  6. It is far from my first design but I am still an amateur web developer, simply doing it for fun
  7. Thanks for the feedback
  8. Just thought I'd have a go at creating a concept for a local school for fun (wow I'm sad ) http://www.alastairq.co.uk/sac/ Any feedback is greatly appreciated as the website is mostly about me learning!
  9. alastairq replied to mteam's topic in Frontend
    http://elouai.com/force-download.php Try googling next time as there are many easily found scripts available.
  10. alastairq replied to finnan3's topic in Frontend
    Can you post the HTML and CSS so we can see what elements have what styles?
  11. I think they have set the border to none and the outline to none. Not 100% sure but it looks right. input.email {background: url('images/form.jpg') bottom left no-repeat; width: 260px; height: 32px; border: 0; padding: 0 10px; color:#6d6e70; float: left;} input.email:focus {outline: none; background-position: top left;}
  12. If your hosting supports PHP then you can change the header information and the browser will show a download window to the user when its accessed. This link explains it more with code example: How to force a file download
  13. You could use a PHP rss parser class and use the array that generates to display the rss feed the way you want
  14. Your relative file locations seem to be returning a 404 error. I think you need to put another ../ infront of the links so: <script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/jquery-1.2.6.min.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/jquery-easing-1.3.pack.js"></script> script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/jquery-easing-compatibility.1.2.pack.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="../../js/coda-slider.1.1.1.pack.js"></script>
  15. Here is a link to a list of different lightbox scripts: Rounding Up the Top 10 jQuery Lightbox Scripts It is down to opinion really and what your needs are because different light boxes support different media types and are easier to implement. I used to use the Thickbox but I dont think its being developed anymore.
  16. I'm not sure if this will help but it might explain what its doing. http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.include-path
  17. When you include files with PHP, the included file acts as if it was always on the index page. I don't know if I've explained it correctly but the below should work: require('includefolder/folder1/file1.php'); require('includefolder/folder1/file2.php'); require('includefolder/folder2/file3.php'); require('includefolder/folder2/file4.php');
  18. I'm not in the design industry but my guess is that some studios might require you have qualifications from universities/colleges but the main factor will be a extensive portfolio of work.
  19. EDIT: Above is probably better. Must be a quicker typer You could use PHP to make a random number in a specific range with 3 being the number of css files you have: $css_number = rand(1, 3); Then name your CSS files mycss_1.css, mycss_2.css, mycss_3.css Finally, use the random value to link to the CSS file: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mycss_<?php echo $css_number; ?>.css" /> Hope that helps!
  20. alastairq replied to chris_p's topic in Frontend
    You could use action="" in the form tag. This will send the user to thanks.html if validateform() returns true. <form name="formy" onsubmit="return validateForm();" action="thanks.html" method="get" enctype="text/plain">
  21. You could use .htaccess which allows for a single login for all users or an individual login for each user that does not need a database. .htaccess Password Introduction .htaccess Generator which makes it easier to add users Edit: Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you can easily add a registration system into it.
  22. I'm not sure what you mean. The background is dark blue The images in the middle showing the different websites are definitely lighter compared to the original ones. Maybe the original have been cached by your browser?
  23. I've updated the website images. Any feedback on the updated ones are appreciated!
  24. It looks like a good website However, on the http://www.80011xalia.gr/Ypiresies.html page, there are serveral <p> tags that are unused at the bottom of the page. You should also validate your page as there are errors. Validator The text in the images does make the website look good but it will make it harder to update later down the line.
  25. I don't recognise your name or picture so I'm not really sure.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.