Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

amac

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by amac

  1. This echo's my feelings. I first visted flashkit.com back in the late 90's and downloaded a copy of Macromedia! Flash. Soon, I was creating flash to compliment and replace my html in many cases until I realized like many this is not the way forward. Thankfully, we now have JQuery, HTML5, AJAX etc to work with to create the same functionality. Simply put, I think flash was a good technology and had a purpose however for me, it's not a technology I'd bet on going forward. I'd be careful about using flash in your work as has been advised.
  2. I like the color palette. Immediately, I'd suggest having more information above the fold. You'd probably be looking at replacing the images with text, you can always move the images off the front page or beneath the content. I'd also look at your footer - i'm sure you know you can utilise this better with more information. Other than that, I like what you've done, good job.
  3. Domains, like other property, still is very much a human based appraisal business IMO. Still, these tools at least give some indication.
  4. If you're a UK business, .co.uk is a must. Think about the number of businesses and marketing spend behind .co.uk. In saying that, owning the .net and .com especially is very useful, particularly if you have ambitions to enter other markets abroad.
  5. Social media, to me, is a way to connect with your customers. This isn't any different from older forms of customer communications such as surveys, consumer groups, questionnaires etc. It's a chance for you to both share what you're doing and understand the needs of your customers.
  6. Agree with this. Make your work readable i.e dark font on light background (or vice-versa) to start with.
  7. If you use a CMS such as Drupal you can integrate both the ecommerce and content into one site. That said, if you're looking to maximise sales, you might want to focus less on content and more on products. As such, you might consider using a sub-domain for your blog.
  8. amac replied to adamsmith's topic in General Chat
    Easy, it's .co.uk. When you think about both the number of business using it and the marketing spend behind it, it's no comparison. I do like .co though, but I'd always want a .co.uk, and secondly, the .com/.org from a UK perspective.
  9. I'm working on re-designing my website - Lion - to focus more on news (links) rather than pure discussion content. How do you think, given my current design, I should go about doing this? I notice that many of the larger social networks don't even make reference to "links" (facebook) or indeed use icons (google+). Most now promote the "share" concept; share text, links, videos, photos etc. The length of content appears to be driving this with many people posting less but more often. This is having an impact on design with most social/news website layouts designed entirely around the "scanning" we do to consume content today. What would you do to improve my site? What do you think we should do knowing where news is going?
  10. Hello, My name is Alexander, I founded a advisory company called Lion during college and run it on a part-time basis. I like to discuss business, technology and new innovations - I use quite a number of forums. Looking forward to participating in this community too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.