Everything posted by Garner Designs
-
Photoshop
ADobe doesn't support Coldfusion anymore?! Ha well I don't use it although my web design teacher taught my a good bit of it. I still prefer PHP. I used fireworks In my first Web design class I took in high school but Macromedia still owned it and I never got that into it. I never was a fan of photoshop. Anyone use Fireworks on linux how well does it work with Wine or what ever you use to run it? Now I know Inkscape and Open Office Drawl support Vecters but I have never used either Inkscape looks less intrusive than gimp can be from time to time but again I have never tried theses and I am getting a little off topic. I really think for now I am going to stick with gimp.
-
Photoshop
Ive never used fireworks but from my understanding Its does vectors? Yes Gimp does do 300 DPI.
-
Photoshop
Thats how I feel but all the local design firm frown on gimp because they don't use it and if you don't use their tools they don't use you. IMO its stupid because I currently can produce a better product in GIMP. Also 90% of the work the local designers do is flash based with no mobile fall back...
-
Photoshop
I haven't Used photoshop in over 4 years I have grown attached to GIMP. Why should I buy Photoshop? Personally I rather not but professionally It seems I must.. Also at the moment with the baby that is due any day now I cant afford to spend that kind of money. but sway me, how much has it changend since cs3?
-
Personal website
I agree I rushed Into this website with no real forethought and made a fool of myself. Thats the point of asking others opinion. I am going back to the drawling board... after some sleep. I do have a plan now. Lay this to rest I won't be checking the thread.
-
Fishing Logo Feedback
-
Personal website
4 years of school and 1 real year, I have unlearned all the crap they taught me in school because It was making websites out of tables and making dreamweaver site. I did not mock this one up because to be honest Its more of a playground but I agree I need to fix the changes in fonts ( I started making one layout and hated so changed directions but kept some elements.) For now its just something fun for me to play with. I want constructive critisim so I can improve on it. 4colourprogress Thank you for your input, I will slow down the clouds and cut a few out.. On my homepage I personally want as little content as possible.
-
Fishing Logo Feedback
Looks too much like the Fishers of men logo... and the font isn't that bad except it needs more letter spacing.
-
advise for creating site for lower spec machines
like Ste Hughes says get a cheap 2nd screen. I am running a 23in flat screen and a 19in flat with lower res.
-
Personal website
So I have been playing around with making a personal website and finally did. Let me know what you think. I haven't Finished it yet but I've got enough done that you can look and see My website It is Html 5 css 3 and I haven't made it compatible with older browsers yet.
-
font sizes in google chrome
Ok so I just noticed with my reset.css It works in all browsers except google chrome! For some reason the font size is almost 2 sizes smaller in chrome /* -------------------------------------------------------------- Reset default browser CSS. Based on work by Eric Meyer: -------------------------------------------------------------- */ html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td, footer, article, nav, section { margin: 0; padding: 0; border: 0; outline: 0; font-size: 100%; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; } body { background:#fff; line-height: 1; } ol, ul { list-style: none; } blockquote, q { quotes: none; } blockquote:before, blockquote:after, q:before, q:after { content: ''; content: none; } /* remember to define focus styles! */ :focus { outline: 0; } ins { text-decoration: none; } del { text-decoration: line-through; } table { border-collapse: collapse; border-spacing: 0; } a img { border: none; } a {text-decoration: none;} <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Title of the document</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.css" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8" > </head> <body> <article > test test </article> <footer>text</footer> </body> </html> I use fedora 16 with Opera 11.6, Firefox and Chrome
-
what should i learn if i want to be a web designer?
Installation and operation of a web server. almost useless knowledge unless you want to Host websites or work for a design firm that hosts sites. you can follow tutorials to setup a personal server. I would also only learn the basics of flash If even bother. Spend more time learning about security in the server-side language of your choose and less time on security on the board scale. I say this because you said you want to be a designer not a developer thats my 2 cents but other may disagree with me.
-
HTML5 and rel element
Its not to be honest. I like to valid its for a personal site. Its just the validation system its not me Haha thats what they all say.
-
HTML5 and rel element
Well its not up to the W3C to approve its microformats community!
-
To be free or not to be free
I'd also give excerpts of the the following books.
-
Wordpress footer
Thank that work perfect!
-
Wordpress footer
I'm Kind of new to wordpress and my PHP knowledge is just a year of following tutorials 2 years ago lol <= at least I admit it! ok so I want to do an if else function in the footer that echos a certain code on all the pages except one. how would I do this. Thank you!
-
How big is the internet?!?!
That is what child labor is for right? Or super computers Or google?
-
How big is the internet?!?!
cool article here http://articles.cnn.com/2011-09-12/tech/web.index_1_internet-neurons-human-brain?_s=PM:TECH I don't see why they don't just vist every IP address and see if a website shows up I mean Why wouldn't that work? Well I guess Its cause you can host more than 1 site per IP
-
HTML5 and rel element
What am I doing wrong here. Bad value category for attribute rel on element a: Keyword category is not registered. …posts in Uncategorized" rel="category">Uncategorized</a></span> <span class="m… <div class="entry-utility"><span class="cat-links">Posted in <a href="http://localhost/wordpress/?cat=1" title="View all posts in Uncategorized" rel="category">Uncategorized</a></span> <span class="meta-sep meta-sep-tag-links">|</span> <span class="comments-link comments-closed-link">Comments closed</span> <span class="meta-sep meta-sep-edit">|</span> <span class="edit"><a href="http://localhost/wordpress/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=5" title="Edit post">Edit</a></span></div> Just trying to validate this Question is also invalid. What whould I use in place of these or how long will it take for them to be approved?
-
To be free or not to be free
Have a free sample! Get them hooked..
-
Are too many people trying to get a career in web design/development?
Myspace layouts are much to blame... Made all my friends in middle school think that they were real web designers... Even made some 16 year old girl rich.
-
Acta
I still don't believe that Acta is right. All of the countries signing the treaty already have adequate laws. The ones that don't like Mexico are not signing it. So it will do nothing to stop counterfeiting and promote censorship. Well I will put an edit on this. Mexico hasn't yet. Most likely, the American lobbyist will point their finger and you know what will happen from there.
-
Acta
Most counterfeits are just suger pills. The only harm they do is stop grandpa from getting a hard on. now say if someone is counterfeiting Azithromycin and someone Dies from an infection. The counterfeiting laws should fine him or her and manslaughter laws should put him or her in jail. To be clear the fines should go to the families effected and not all to the governments pocket. Jail time is not going to stop the real pirates. Its only going to put suspicious looking people in jail. Its like the red scare all over again.
-
Acta
First of all Acta is not only aimed at "Pirates" The people who steal copyrighted information and sell it for a profit but also at the people of simple download files for personal use. On top of that it opens up the doors for other laws. I also am a large Open Source and creative commons guy so I know I am the odd one out here. 'I feel that It should be up to your government to decide what they find fair, Its not America and Japan's job to police the globe. I also feel that jail time is a bit extreme for making counterfeit Viagra. This Is in fuzzy text saying censure anything that might be Piracy and counterfeiting.