Everything posted by modipeluri
-
Forrst?
Hmm, that's weird. I just checked the site a couple of days ago and it was fine. Maybe they're undergoing some maintenance or got some technical difficulties. Oh well, maybe it starts to work again later.
-
Forrst?
I'd be interested in joining Forrst. Here's my application in case anyone wants to vote me: http://forrst.com/i/C96 And here's sample of my work: http://www.winet.com.my It's something I did almost a year ago so I'd like to think I'm better now Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read my application! Edit: typos typos >_<
-
Prototyping.
Moving the form upwards and adding a close button is a much better option in my opinion. Have you tried moving the contact and search button to the right side of the logo? It might work better over there since that's where to the contact/search usually is. The navigation has a nice effect on it, but it looks a bit blocky now. Maybe some border-radius would help. Other than that I think your design looks pretty awesome. I like how you used that shade of gray on the background instead of white.
-
Just-finished WP site selling automotive product.
Looks good to me! I like how you've organized the content on the page. I think visitors will notice the "right" things first as you've meant it. Not sure if this would work in practise with the image you've chosen for the header, but I'd prefer the logo on the top left corner. Also, the text "The world's most affordable paint touch up system" seems a bit jagged on the edges. Same with the phone number and the e-mail address. In the content area I'd replace the 1,2,3 box navigation with a horizontally tabbed one. The text is pretty difficult to read when it's vertical like that. I don't think it needs the white outside border either. That's too much xzibit... you know, box in a box. I'm not sure if business reports is the most describing headline for the sidebar, but I can't think of anything better either. Nice job!
-
Retry of Site
Hi Anthony! I think you've made some amazing progress. Also, I'd like to apologize if I was harsh to you on your last thread. That said, your work still has a lot to improve but the direction is definately right. Keep on going at it Try paying more attention to typography. Not all elements need to be the same text size. In this example your contact information is too big compared to their headings, and the headings are too big compared to the navigation. A good read is Ben Hunts Save the Pixel. That'll get you familiar with some design concepts.
-
Opinions, Feedback and some Suggestions
Hi Explore. I'm bored out of my mind so I quickly tried some other colours for your header. I think you can continue with the blue, just make it a bit lighter. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38301854/explore_youtube.png Not saying that this should be your final solution, but go ahead and try some variations of those colours.
-
Latest project now ready for feedback
That is so cool, I'm really liking it graphics wise! Usability wise I'm not so sure. The font size seems a bit a small even for someone with a good eyesight like myself, yet I still find myself pressing ctrl and +. I'm sure this is a design choice as small font often does look good, but you have to weight the usability vs aesthetics. The input fields on the contact page could perhaps use the same background color as your search box. The fff white seems a bit too bright. The Products & Services -pages could use some sort of call-to-action. Now, there's the description and it's all fine and dandy, but what do I do when I want to make the purchase? Oh, one more thing. On the front page where you have those three colourful icons. I'd like to see some sort of tooltip when mouse over. Good job!
-
EBTA site design
Hi everyone! I'm designing the new website for EBTA conference 2012. EBTA is European Brief Therapy Association which basically means therapy for kids with neurological disorders. The conference will take place in september hence the autumnish look. http://pekkahiltunen.net/ebta/ I've been staring at this design for such a long time that everytime I change something in it, I end up changing it back right after. I'm hoping that a fresh pair(s) of eyes from WDF could help me improve the design. Looking forward to hearing your opinions!
-
Please review wordpress site.
Here you go:
-
Nice Or Not?
Are you serious? If so, I don't know where to begin explaining what's wrong. How about you take a look at your competitions websites and get some inspiration from there.
-
Please review wordpress site.
Hi Ayoungh, Looks nice. I'm a fan of the header (or maybe it's the chick in the header? Dunno). It instantly got me in the cuban mood. The animation on the slider seems a bit slow when you click on the arrows. The shadow underneath the slider is too strong. Content area might work better if divided into two colums. Like 2/3 and 1/3. In the other column you could put the youtube video and gallery from the footer. Perhaps also the newsletter sign-up. That would also solve the issue of the crammed footer. Your copyright notice is out of place. It's like 50 pixels too much on the left.
-
our little design agency
I'm sorry guys, I'll have to agree with cibgraphics about the amateurish look. I know it can be hard to accept critique especially if you've been working with the same project for a long time. However you said yourself that you've grown blind to your design so here's a few things that came to my mind: Front page: 1. Logo. You might want to consider removing the drop shadow. Anyone who has ever used photoshop will instantly recognize it to be directly from blending options and judge your design based on that. More importantly, it makes the logo appear a bit blurry, I would much prefer the logo to be as crisp as possible. Actually the whole logo could use a redesign. 2. Navigation. I don't think Sitemap should be included as a navigation option in the main navigation. Realistically, who's ever going to look at it except for Google robots? The border-bottom hover effect doesn't work very well together with the drop down menu. When you hover over the dropdown menu you can see the bottom-border cover half of the top edge of the dropdown menu. Anyhow, I'd prefer some other hover effect. The dropdown menu itself is nice though. 3. Slider. The shadows on top and underneath the slider are way too strong for my taste. Often times I find that subtlety is the key. The text content on the slider looks really crammed. Put some padding on both sides. Also, the stock photos look pretty bad, and they don't really fit the message. 4. Content area. If I were you I'd reconsider what's the most important thing to show to your clients. Is it the blog posts? Is it what you charge? I don't think so. I'd imagine clients to be looking for your portfolio, to see if you're up for the job. Or a way to contact you, through a form or by phone. The testimonials can be a nice thing to have, but why put it there now when you don't have any? 5. Footer. I don't like the 1px black line. You don't really need it, and it takes away much needed white space from the design. Portfolio page: The 'get a quote' banner on the sidebar looks pretty bad. I'm sensing a vague Loreal reference here but it's not funny enough to make the banner work. Also the banner is way too close to the navigation. Put some margin in there. Empty space is not wasted space. Services pages: The links don't stand up enough from the rest of the text.
-
Hello from Romania
Welcome to the forums! I'm currently based in Bucharest, Romania myself
-
website feedback
I don't know what is it exactly, but it doesn't look like the kind of website that makes me want to upload any of my photos in there. Perhaps it's the color scheme? Maybe you could try brightening up the background. The masthead pic seems a bit far-fetched. I know you said you can upload artwork too, but I really think you should display a couple of photos there as well. The text in the box underneath is difficult to read because of the color. In my opinion light gray is okay for thick headlines, but body copy should use a darker color. At the moment the first impression I get when I navigate to the site that this is somesort of gaming or clan site. There's plenty of whitespace though which I like!
-
Re-designed PC Repair Website
Good job with the re-design! There's really no question which one of the two is better. As someone mentioned the font-size could be larger. The current 12px is tiresome to read, also the point about line lengths is valid. Next to the headline "Apple repair services" there's a picture of a Mac and a MacBook. It could use more white-space around it. Looks very crammed at the moment, and one of the lines cuts off in a weird way. The flying chat box is the kind of devilish thing that makes me want to disable javascript on my browser for good. Even worse, it doesn't appear just on the frontpage, but on every page I really don't think it's necessary as the 'Live Chat' button on the header is quite visible, and you've got another link for the chat in the contact page. ps. I'm really liking the submit-button on the contact page
-
Thoughts Please
I took a closer look and it seems there's quite a few extra paragraphs which contain (non breaking space) which I suppose is there to add margin over the headline "Same Day Dispatch - FREE UK Delivery". You can get a rid of these easily by removing any empty spaces before your headline, but this would obviously move your headline back to the top. You might want to add some margin to it with CSS if your CMS lets you.
-
Thoughts Please
Here's a few things that came to my mind: There's something fishy going on in your footer. Only the 'Links' item has a hover state. The '...' in the main navigation doesn't look very good. Underneath your logo there's an empty <p> tag has a white background color. I'm not sure how that got there, but it's outside your content area.
-
Please review my design :)
Thank you for the comment! Now that you pointed it out I think I agree with you. I'll try to lessen the number of paintings or make them less obstrusive (this is what you meant, right?). EDIT: I moved the paintings a little bit towards the center and aligned the outer edges. I think this gives a lot cleaner look. Not sure if it's clean enough though. You can compare the backgrounds between the index and about page.
-
Please review my design :)
Thank you for your feedback Mark! I haven't got the original material yet, so I had to copy their logo from Google image search, hence the low quality.
-
Hey WDF!
Hi everyone! I'm Modi, a 25 year old Finn. I did my first website (well not exactly, I just modified a template) back in 2002 for a friend's business. At this point coding seemed horrifying but it got me interested in graphic design. I did countless tutorials on photoshop (version 6 back then) and some abstract art which mostly consisted of filters applied on top of each other. I quickly forgot about web design and concentrated mostly in wasting my childhood years with games like WC3 and Diablo II with the occasional photoshop jamming session. During my time in University I made some print designs for the student union and some local business's while studying for my Bachelor of Information Technology degree which was the biggest waste of time in my life (yes, even greater than D2). After graduation ceremony I quickly froze in horror upon realizing I had no skills what so ever. In panic I locked myself to my room and came out 7 months later with moderate knowledge of html, css and content management systems. By some incredible fluke I managed to find a client (who was actually happy with my work) and ever since I've been working as a freelance web designer. It's been a super steep learning curve, but I really enjoy the freedom freelancing gives you. At the moment I'm trying my best to keep up with the web design trends and techniques while studying more about design principles and making a living. Cheers!
-
Please review my design :)
Hi everyone! First I'd like to tell you how happy I am to have finally found a place to show my designs to fellow webdesigners. My skype friends must be pretty bored of looking at my designs by now It's really great that a community like this exists and I'm wondering why I didn't find it earlier?! To the business! This is a mock-up I made for a british style nightclub. At the moment there's only two pages. Home page: http://pekkahiltunen.net/mojo/ And About page: http://pekkahiltunen.net/mojo/about.html Please give your honest opinions about the design and why it works/doesn't work. It's really important for me to get this one right.