Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbula

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Corbula

  1. I know that this website isn't brilliant but it's my first proper design in photoshop and then built in html/css so i'm still kinda proud of it even though it doesn't look that great. What feedback could you give on the design and the way it's built? Thanks http://www.asgdatasolutions.co.uk/dev/ri/index.html
  2. Just to let you know i've managed to do this using a different plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-ui/
  3. I think you may have misunderstood. I'm using this plugin for the tabs in my content. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/put/ This plugin allows you to use shortcodes in a page or post and it will put the content in to tabs. I want to use these shortcodes in a template file instead so when i make a page/post it will automatically use the shortcodes and putting the content in tabs. I'm sorry if i've misunderstood you.
  4. As i don't know a lot of php i'm not really sure how to do that. I am using a plugin which puts content into tabs.
  5. This is in a template file so it needs content inside the shortcodes otherwise it doesn't know what content to display. I tried this just to see if i could get the tabs working in a template file but this didn't. It needs to have the custom fields in it though like above so it knows what to display. <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1> <?php do_shortcode('[tab name="Overview"] tab content 1[/tab]'); do_shortcode('[tab name="Features & Benefits"] tab content 2[/tab]'); do_shortcode('[tab name="Options & Accessories"] tab content 3 [/tab]'); do_shortcode('[tab name="Downloads"] tab content 4 [/tab]'); do_shortcode('[tab name="Supplies"] tab content 5[/tab]'); do_shortcode('[end_tabset]');?>
  6. I've got a custom post type in wordpress with multiple fields and i'm trying to get them displayed in a tabbed format on the page. There are plugins but they use shortcodes for the tabs. What i want is to use the shortcodes in the template file so they automatically put the content into tabs. The problem is between the opening and closing shortcode it needs php to retrieve the contents of the field. It also has a div to display an image using more php code. Here's some code which will hopefully show what i'm trying to do. I know it's wrong because it has php nested inside php. <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1> <?php do_shortcode("[tab name='Overview']<div id="product-image"><?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></div> <?php the_field('overview'); ?>[/tab]"); do_shortcode("[tab name='Features & Benefits']<?php the_field('features_&_benefits'); ?>[/tab];"); do_shortcode("[tab name='Options & Accessories']<?php the_field('options_&_accessories'); ?>[/tab];"); do_shortcode("[tab name='Downloads']<a href="<?php the_field('downloads'); ?>">Download PDF</a>[/tab];"); do_shortcode("[tab name='Supplies']<?php the_field('supplies'); ?>[/tab];"); echo do_shortcode("[end_tabset]");?> Anybody know how i can do this? Thanks
  7. Thanks, i've seen that before but unless you buy the premium version you can't submit tickets from the front end. So i don't know how my users would be able to use it.
  8. Thanks, but i've decided to use Wordpress. Does anyone know any wordpress plugins for a support ticket system? I've tried a couple but they haven't been great and a lot of them are premium ones. Any way to make one myself using a contact form and some other things?
  9. No that would be the problem. I don't know how to write plugins.
  10. Thanks that OpenRealty looks promising. Is it a stand alone CMS or does it work with some other CMS? Has anyone got any experience with OpenRealty?
  11. I've been asked to build a relatively simple web site for somebody. It needs to have a ticket support system on the website and i think but i'm not sure it will need to be able to sell a few products as well. It's going to use a CMS as it needs to be simple to use and edit because they will be managing it themselves once it's built. I've thought about Wordpress for it's simplicity but would it be able to do what i need it to do? Any others you would recommend instead?
  12. Thanks i didn't know that but it needs to be a cms to manage the content and make it easier for people to use.
  13. Thanks but Expression Engine is quite pricey, i was thinking more free open source.
  14. For building a property website are there any CMS's that are suited for this out of the box? Or what would be the best CMS to use to build it with? Think rightmove sort of website.
  15. Yes, but if all you need to do is install a mobile theme what's the point of the plugins like wptouch?
  16. Are there any guides that you know of for running a normal website and a mobile version as well? Do you need a plugin for wordpress to do it? any you would recommend? Is it run as one website? i.e do you only manage one website and update one website but it's represented in both versions? Thanks
  17. Personally for me, i would be able to use it fine. It just needs to be user friendly for when it is all set up and then the person who it's for can easily edit and add content. So it needs to be as simple and intuitive as possible for a none technical user to maintain. He also wants it to work across a lot of platforms. More and more people are using iPad's and mobiles to surf the web, so they want it to work across all of the different devices and browsers. Possibly with a mobile site as well, but i'm not sure about that yet. Is it possible to have the main site and a mobile site but only have to update one. So you can update the main site and that's automatically reflected in the mobile site as well, so they wouldn't have to update and maintain two separate sites?
  18. What about the multi platform aspect. I've read about wordpress have extensions for other device, android, blackberry, and iOS. Are they just for editing a wordpress site on them devices? Is it possible to have a website that works for pc browsers but displays correctly i.e resizing on say an iPad or something?
  19. If i were to use Wordpress how many of the plugins are free? Could you use it to sell products through your site? Is it very user friendly?
  20. Thanks. I've looked at Joomla before. Is it quite versatile from the start or does it require a lot of addons? Because i've heard that a lot of the addons you have to buy. Isn't Wordpress only really for blogs? Any others?
  21. I know somebody who has a website at the moment that uses Contribute and he wants a new and updated website. I'm looking at Content Management Systems to be able to run and power the website and anything he wants it do to. I've got experience with Drupal, but it's not the most user friendly CMS. I want to be able to build the website and then he can manage it himself, adding and editing content without the technical know how. What is the best user friendly CMS? Also he wants it to be cross browser compatible, so it will work in firefox, IE, Safari, but also to work on things like the IPad and other devices. What CMS's do you recommend I look at?
  22. Do you people actually like my design? What do you think needs changing, how would you improve it?
  23. I've made a couple of changes to my design mainly the logo and the footer. I've made two, the first one showing the footer as it originally was, and showing some different colours for the different areas. The three sections with have a black/white adjustment layer though and show the colour when you hover over them. The second is with the testimonial gone from the footer and replaced with the logo in the centre. What do you think looks best for the footer? With the testimonial or without, should i remove the quick links as well? I was just trying to make more use of the footer. The reason i haven't changed the layout is because it's just the homepage, so it shows all three areas. For the actual pages for the different areas, I might go for the same or similar layout to mteam's design. Also, mteam what's the font you've used for the logo on yours?
  24. The only logo he has is one he has printed on a couple of business cards, which is similar to the one on my design. The logo will probably get redesigned anyway. He doesn't have any colour scheme either, so i can use any colours i want. I might try your idea for having a black/grey colour for the content column that change to colour on hover. But keeping the nav and the footer the same or similar colour they are now, or perhaps the colour of the first section i.e. kitchens. The footer at the bottom of yours, does that have a texture applied to it or something or is it just the way the image has uploaded?
  25. Thanks. I did think about using different colours for different area. I thought if i did that i could use my original idea with the three columns and use the different colours for the text section underneath the images. Would it be wise to change the colour of the logo though, or would it not really matter? What do you think about the the footer i used? Do you think it's good or should i have less on it or something?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.