Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

konfine

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by konfine

  1. Thanks for the feedback. After doing some research there are a lot more freelancrs who reside in the US who also provide freelancing services. This is one of the things that we've had feedback about and we're looking into adding multi currency support or conversion rates so it's easy to tell the price in pounds/euros etc. Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the coding/colours. Can you let us know what you find confusing, that's exactly what we want to try and improve on! Cheers
  2. Hi Sam, based in Brighton so not too far off! We've had an SEO helper looking into the promotion etc. We're looking for backlinks and anyone who can help write articles etc who might find the service useful. Just waiting for google to crawl again and then hopefully we should be underway!
  3. Hi All, We recently launched a new freelancing website which is aiming to put the motivation back into freelacning. I replied to a post from an existing member stating that freelancing sites show their true colours and don't do enough for freelancers. We've been working on a new freelancing site for the past 7 months and would love your feedback using the poll above. http://www.projectfizz.com This site was built by freelancers for freelancers and clients alike so your feedback is invaluable. Cheers
  4. Joined the community yesterday after reading through some interesting posts. I'm a full-time freelancer based along the south coast of the UK and freelance under my company Konfine. I've got a good strong background in PHP & MYSQL and always looking for designers and some useful tips from the community and keeping up to date with the world of design! We recently launched a new freelancing portal which was launched last friday: http://www.projectfizz.com. I posted this link as I saw a post from another member which gained a bit of interest regarding the state of the current freelancing websites out there. I look forward to getting active in topics and hopefully learning whilst giving out some tips at the same time! Cheers, Tim
  5. konfine replied to wbmkk's topic in General Chat
    It's a well known brand so go with it, their tech docs are pretty detailed as well so you should have no problem installing it. Another thing you may want to consider is using Google Checkout, if you have a look at search results in google the google checkout feedback also appears in the search results with an icon, not only does this add colour but it's often more noticeable as well. Good for search listings! Good luck
  6. Hi Guys, Just came across this post and I totally agree with you. I've been in the industry for a while now and had been using the exact sites that you mentioned above. After bidding for multiple work and often being refused due to the price that outsourced freelancers can quote I was dead in the water. Of those that did get accepted it was for a budget that I wasn't really happy with but I thought it might end up as a good starting point and building from there to get further work. Sadly, this didn't happen so just like the original posted of this article I aimed to create my own site ironing out all of their issues. For the past 7-8 months I developed and designed a new site to (hopefully) rival the existing freelancer websites. I wanted a site that: - Doesn't charge for sign-ups or a percentage of an overall project value. - Puts motivation back into using job portals and not under-cutting other freelancers bids - Clients who get a good quality of work as a result of the above point and have freelancers who are happy to do the work (we hide all bid values and delivery timescales) I won't go on and on but if you want to try it out (launched last friday) then signup for free http://www.projectfizz.com/ We're always looking for improvements, it's a site that was built by freelancers for freelancers.
  7. If your using PHP (not sure what your using) but you can analyse a string of data i.e. the tweet by using stripos: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.stripos.php Use the bool to see whether the specific tag exists in your tweet (TRUE/FALSE) HTH
  8. I agree that website is terrible. If they invest heavily or have good knowledge of reaching the top of google then most likely any business owner who doesn't have much of a clue about the web or its presence may search for something like 'I need a website for my business'. If they cater well for this type of search then more than likely they'll look to contact them rather than looking at a portfolio, they'll also most likely look at testimonials etc.
  9. Experience is invaluable, especially working with professionals. You can pay for a course but to get an actual current work place level understanding is priceless.
  10. I really like it, not too sure about the HTML tag though? Maybe try and incorporate some of the HTML 5 new tags within to get it more interesting? Something like <canvas>HTML</canvas>
  11. I think apprenticeships like this would be great. What about a designer who's looking into taking on a bit of programming work and vice-versa? It would be great if both could give something to each other.
  12. konfine replied to otter's topic in General Chat
    RSS is almost certainly still going to be around for a long time to come. I can easily get an overview of my feeds without the need to visit a site as I can see if there is new content. It also helps website owners to save on bandwidth as other users can view the RSS without the need to visit the actual website.
  13. If you've got a good idea then look into it further. Do some research and ask the community some questions without giving the idea away and look for ways in which it can also be improved.
  14. konfine replied to wbmkk's topic in General Chat
    Your best bet is to use PayPal Standard API which uses a form to submit to PayPal. All you need to do is simply pass through a few details e.g. amount, emailaddress etc To get the full list of required fields simply view PayPals API docs - it's pretty simple and you should be setup in no time with a simple HTML form and start accepting payments.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.