Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thinking of working in London? Web Design Jobs

Featured Replies

Hey,

I am a web designer based in Ireland but am thinkin of makin a change. Was just wondering what the current situation in the UK is like for web designers. My only problem with leavin here would be that i wouldnt have a job if i was to move to the uk.

You can see my level of work on current portfolio here: www.alanpower.net .

Cheers

I'd say you'd need to be really lucky to find more than a junior position on around £15k - £18k and with that, possibly, 90% would go on just surviving.

 

I would advise looking for a job first otherwise you could find yourself out on the streets/ heading back home very quickly.

The company I work for is based on the outskirts of London and we just hired a junior for about £24-28k, it's completely normal.

  • Author
The company I work for is based on the outskirts of London and we just hired a junior for about £24-28k, it's completely normal.

 

i have almost 4 years experience in the field. i will need to redesign my portfolio at some stage soon too. i have alot of new sites and flash banners that will be uploaded. I alos have rebranded almost 3 companies so i feel i have quite alot of experience

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.