Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Want to improve my facebook group...

Featured Replies

Have been away for a while and am feeling a lot better now...

 

Does anyone have any advice for improving a facebook group that is nearly dead? This is my group:

 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/meritocracyinternational/

 

I think it's definitely reached a point where people don't care anymore as we are a lost cause, but i'm keeping it just as a project that i've done, no reason to close the group, i'll probably pick it up in the future as i am true to the cause.

 

I won't be putting much effort into the group now because I have other things on my mind, but does anyone know of any good books that I could read on optimizing these groups? I have read an SEO book on amazon getting my website on the first page of google, but the website's down now.

 

I've tried making a folder for activists to educate themselves (i also lack books on this subject) to draw people to the group but they don't seem interested, this is why I've taken a break from it all. Don't really have the time to lead any movement, just want to optimize it.

 

One of my projects is to build a forum again for our movement (with an IRC as well maybe?), we did have one before but it shut down, people also weren't interested. I also notice my mindset was well too selfish before, there's got to be something in it for them.

Edited by NullDrone

Well, there is still one way, you can attract new traffic by setting up a new website or Facebook fanpage. For a Facebook group, you cannot just depend on the old traffic to strengthen the group's performance.

  • 3 months later...

Getting people to join your group is one thing, but keeping them there and interested is an entirely different ball game. To keep your members interested and engaged in your group, it’s up to you to post “share-able” content that has the potential to go viral.

  • 4 weeks later...

Frequent status updating, immediate intractions to the group members, sharing the information, creating the polls etc. These are the basic things to improve facebook group.

  • Guest locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.