Sign in to follow this  
designgem

Hiring virtual assistants?

I'm thinking about hiring a virtual assistant for my business at some point this year.

Have you ever used one? If so, what should I be looking for and what should I watch out for?

What are good websites for hiring people?

Thanks!

I have not used virtual assistant. My company have developed a website for one of our client who are providing virtual assistant services Belgium. The website is teleportel.com. I hope you will get there what you are looking for.

Hi DesignGem, there are quite a few good tutorials for hiring VAs on entrepreneur blogs, and Tim Ferriss also talks about it in his 4 hour work week book. Personally I think an easier way in is to use a VA site where you pay monthly and can submit a certain number of jobs. A good friend of mine uses https://www.fancyhands.com/ - I'm not affiliated but have heard lots of good things about it.

Hi DesignGem, I'm a virtual assistant and also project manager.

If you need some help let me know.

Cheers.

I'm thinking about hiring a virtual assistant for my business at some point this year.

Have you ever used one? If so, what should I be looking for and what should I watch out for?

What are good websites for hiring people?

Thanks!

Hi, I know a great VA that I use for some stuff and they're based in the West Midlands. I'm more than happy to pass on the details if you PM me.

Used one once, with the sole purpose to chase up outstanding invoices and manage basic accounting related issues. i.e. keeping customer details up to date, sending out invoices etc.

Turned out after 2 months, they literally didn't do anything and hadn't even logged into my accounts system.

If I was to ever do this again would have to meet the person face to face. The whole remote/virtual thing really doesn't work in my experience.