Sign in to follow this  
samscott

Help needed regarding robots.txt

Hi There,

I've paid a web designer to design a site for me and realised it was no where to be found in google. after some researching I've realised that they have set the robots.txt to not allow.

user-agent: *disallow: /

My question is.. How do I change this myself? I ask this as I'm concerned they have done this in order to sell an seo package to me , which I can successfully do myself so I have no need for it. All I have is their control panel and there is no where I can see I can change this. It's slightly worrying as I feel I have no absolute control over my site/business as it seems it is built with wordpress but I have no access to the wordpress cpanel only theirs. I own the domain and have changed the name servers to theirs.

how do I get my site visible? is there a way to do this if they are uncooperative?

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ryans213
      Hello.

I've recently updated a site in my Google webmaster tools. My problem that I am having is that instead of indexing my site's index file it shows the robot.txt file in the search results.

User-agent: * Disallow: /cgi-bin/ Disallow: /_notes/ Disallow: /agrana ...

This is an odd issue that I'm not finding any good solutions online for. Has anyone had a similiar issue and what was the steps necessary to resolve the matter?

Thank you.