Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's the matter with me?

Featured Replies

Hi there

 

I want to improve my English.. Do you know that I have bought many books and I just buy books and don't learn from them. I don't read and I don't know why. Now I have a lot of books ... :mellow: but I didn't read any thing!

 

Tell me and help me please how to improve my english in the best way!

 

I have many books like:

 

-English vocabulary in use.

-vocabulary for IELTS.

- Longman dictionary.

- Longman photo dictionary.

- English real reading 1

- English real listening and speaking 1

- English grammar in use.

 

 

 

Do you see how many books I have! but I don't read them because I feel I lost. :rolleyes: and I don't know from where to start.

Hi Discovery,

 

Where are you from?

One of my favourite ways to practise/improve my German was to go through my DVD collection and find which of my fave movies were in German as a second language. (Lots of UK DVD's also have the German/French/Spanish/Other audio)

 

To start with perhaps watch them with the English audio but your own language subtitles, eventually lose the subtitles. Also putting English subtitles on things that are in English or your own language can really help. Then it's like reading but WAY more interesting.

 

Of course the best way is just to practice, so join in the conversation on here. There are also services which will match 2 people who want to learn each other's language so that they can practice on Skype or what-not like this: http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/penpals.asp

just try to read some of that books and also practice live chat in english with friends. also watch movies in english without subtitles. it worked for me :)

I have many books like:

 

-English vocabulary in use.

-vocabulary for IELTS.

- Longman dictionary.

- Longman photo dictionary.

- English real reading 1

- English real listening and speaking 1

- English grammar in use.

 

They sound really boring. Maybe that's the problem? How about reading something more interesting and looking up words you don't know in a dictionary?

The best kind of advice I can give you is to install something like Skype or something like that, and try to talk to as many natural English speakers as you can.

 

This is probably the best way to learn.

 

If not, buy a book you've read in your own language, in English. So you have an idea what's going on etc, and then read it in English. This, of course depends on the level of your ability to speak English.

 

How would you rate yourself out of 10 ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.