Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

overflow:scroll not working in IE, Chrome and Safari

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I built a website for a charity which uses a Just Giving widget. The iframe is tricky, as it needs a lot of space as you go through the process of the donation, so the I have needed to limit the dimensions of it on the initial page so it doesn't push all the other content to the bottom of the page (you can view the page here:

http://www.virtualdoctors.org/support-us/ )

 

The widget is placed inside the page using the following code:

 

[iframe class="giving"
src="https://www.justgiving.com/virtualdevelopmentuk/donate/?targetdevice=embed&theme=iframe&utm_source=website_cid235222&utm_medium=givingwidget&utm_campaign=donation"
width="573" height="440"]
 

 

The css I use to make sure that the scrollbar is displayed is:

 

iframe.giving {overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll !important;}

 

It works on Firefox, but not on the others. I have tried loads of variations, and I can't find a solution. I'd be really grateful if anyone had any ideas.

 

Many thanks

 

Vicky

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Vicky,

 

Put your iframe in a div and apply overflow-y:scroll there.

 

Gopal Juneja

  • 2 weeks later...

 

You have just to add to your iframe

scrolling="yes"

 

Also, sorry you should remove the height property from iframe and add this in css

iframe.giving {
min-height: 440px;
}

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.