Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Portfolio redesign

Featured Replies

Hi guys n gals!

 

I will keep this brief. I have recently got a little tired of my old portfolio site, so I thought I would redesign a new site. Please take a look at both and tell me which you prefer.

 

Version 1: http://www.matthewfreeman.co.uk

 

Version 2: http://www.matthewfreeman.co.uk/development

 

Thanks.

 

Note: Only the home page has been designed on the 2nd version.

Very close call but i would have to say the second one. Looks a bit more proffessional. The other one looks a bit old with the extreme round corners and gradients.

For me definately number one with some work.

 

Number two I really don't like the over wide mini linbks or the lack of padding on the left.

 

I'd look at addressing the criticisms made of site one by the others..rather than going with site 2.

 

:flm7:

For me definately number one with some work.

 

Number two I really don't like the over wide mini linbks or the lack of padding on the left.

 

I'd look at addressing the criticisms made of site one by the others..rather than going with site 2.

 

:flm7:

 

I'd have to agree with that although the 2nd site looks better now the first one does have potential. It has more personality than the second one.

  • Author

Thanks for the feedback so far, I am curious tho:

 

Number two I really don't like the over wide mini linbks or the lack of padding on the left.

 

Where is the lack of padding, sorry if I am missing the obvious here...

I would say V1 is slightly more personal and V2 more professional

 

I prefer the tighter text in V2 although the heading is very slightly overpowering

Well, the second would be the besst of the 2 site but i have to say that i didnt really saw improvement in your graphics skills.

I agree with most of what has been said, V2 is slightly more professional-but I do prefer the fonts in V1. Perhaps you can make a new version collaborating the two?

I have to agree with the majority, the second one looks a lot more professional and I like the header on the second one alot more. I can't say I really like the first one at all.

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.