Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Website Browser Problems

Featured Replies

G'day folks,

 

I'm in need of a little help with my website.

 

I've got basic experience in HTML and tend to design a website then slice it up and export it into Dreamweaver which is what I've done here. I then make HTML changes to suit.

 

If you take a look at the website,

 

http://www.stokecityforum.com

 

The website works fine in Firefox from what I can see but it's got a few problems in IE. I presume it's something to do with the iframe? I'm not to sure to be honest so could do with a little help if anyone is willing to take a look.

 

Thanks very much.

 

Chris

Welcome to WDF!

 

First question is why have the forum in an iframe?

 

Second, you haves lots of page validation issues, see WC3 validator - i suggest you fix these first and you might find IE plays ball!

  • Author
Welcome to WDF!

 

First question is why have the forum in an iframe?

 

Second, you haves lots of page validation issues, see WC3 validator - i suggest you fix these first and you might find IE plays ball!

 

Thank you.

 

I plan on sticking around. :)

 

Because it's the only way to integrate a forum and website together without having two seperate pages, no? Unless of course I designed a header and footer for the vBulletin skin in which case it'd look the same. I'm not to good with skinning vBulletin skins so that's a no go anyway.

 

I've attempted to change a few of the validations issues and messed it up even further so I plan on slicing it up again and starting from scratch. When I say scratch I mean the code Fireworks generates for Dreamweaver. The same code that caused most of those validation issues! You'd think at least the initial code would be fine.

 

Anyway, I'll see how this goes and shall be back very soon if all goes well.

 

Cheers!

Image editors rarely produce decent code so never rely on them.

 

vBulletin already has templates for your sites header and footer, you can find these under the Style Manager - you need to create the header/footer HTML and paste it into the appropriate places.

  • Author

Okey dokey it's validated apart from the frame which I've discovered is never going to get validated as they simply don't validate iframes, is this correct?

 

Is there any other way of doing this? Would the <object> code work? Never really used it before so I haven't a clue.

 

Any inside would be appreciated.

 

Cheers!

Just looked at your site in ie7, ie6 and firefox, they all look exactly the same.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

Cheers

 

Pat

  • Author
Just looked at your site in ie7, ie6 and firefox, they all look exactly the same.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

Cheers

 

Pat

 

The site/code at the moment doesn't contain the iframe code. It's the iframe code that caused the error in IE. Thus why I want to find another way of displaying the forum within the site without using an iframe code. I've had a fiddle with the object code but I can't seem to do much with that.

 

I'll keep trying. :)

 

Cheers!

  • Author

Got there in the end. :) Fully validated including the use of an iframe. :D Working fine in both IE and Firefox.

 

The only slight problem is IE shows the iframe border even though I've used border="0" and frameborder="0". Anyone know a way around this?

 

Thanks for everything guys. Especially bluedreamer who has now got me hooked on validating my websites heh.

 

Cheers!

Ohh noes tables! :o

 

Have you considered coding it in <div> tags?

 

the real question would be, do you have some php in your website coding...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.