Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Monitor or Graphics card issue?

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

Just started having this issue and I'm not sure if it's a monitor or a graphics card problem. Unfortunately I don't have access to spares right now so I can't test.

 

Here's a link to a video showing my issue

 

Basically it happens when I open things with loads of photos (e.g. Google images), or for some reason opening iTunes (as in the video).

 

You'll notice how I quickly minimise iTunes after the problem starts happening to return things to normal, as I don't want anything to go bang!!

 

Any advice much appreciated!

 

James

Edited by wickywills

Wow. Never seen anything like that before. At a guess I'd say it's your Monitor, but the only way to really be sure is to test with another. You could try changing VGA/DVI cable as well, but that's a long shot. Is your monitor in warranty?

  • Author

The monitor is actually about 4-5 years old I think, so probably due a new one anyway :-)

 

Tried changing VGA/DVI cable, but still same issue. Going to try and borrow one from work temporarily. I'm also fairly sure it's the monitor though...

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.