Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Critique on coming soon page!

Featured Replies

Hey guys!

 

Here is a screen shot of a project I'm working on. I just wanted to get some advice as that I'm fairly new to designing legit sites. I have been using ps and ai but putting it all together finally. Thanks in advance for any constructive criticism.

 

-gonzo

 

post-37721-0-74137300-1341796974_thumb.png

Edited by Gonzo

I like it, but it is a little bit plain. The blue button on the page stands out the most to me(probably because I like blue) so I think that maybe you should add a little bit more color onto the page. There is too much grey...Maybe make the icons a different color so they can pop out on the page.

Like the person said above. Maybe make the icons a light blue or just a light blue on the inside and keep the ring around them grey.

Hey overall it's a good direction coming with overall design and color sense, if the minimalism is what you seek that is. Altho from my point of view, there's isn't much hierarchy in your design (in your work, kinda everything is equally important, except subscribe button obviously, but there's too much content for not having a hierarchy), which is really important, in any proper e-commerce work. To fix that, simply rethink, what's singificancy of every piece of the page, and revaluate them visually, play with color and contrast.

 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Malyo

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.