May 24, 201214 yr Hi everyone, I'm Oliver and I'm from London. I've just finished college and thought it would be a good time to sign up to WDF as I'm looking for some guidance on what to do to progress in the world of web design. I have a basic understanding of XHTML, HTML5, CSS2+3, Java, Actionscript 2.0 and programs such as illustrator, photoshop and fireworks. I'm currently looking to get as much advice as I can with producing portfolio work and creating a CV suitable for the IT industry so it would be nice to pick some members brains on employment and experience and the do's and don't's of web design. Well enough rambling, just thought I'd say hi.
May 25, 201214 yr Welcome to the forums! I'd say just practice, practice, practice! Once you feel competent enough try seeing if anyone you know needs a website made for free, or approach some local charities and offer to remake their website. After that you should have a small portfolio to build on which will help with whatever you choose to do ie. freelancing or working for a company. Goodluck!
Create an account or sign in to comment