February 8, 201214 yr My new blog design has horizontal style. Thoughts? http://www.fozdemir.com Follow me: @fozdemircom Fatih Özdemir Edited February 8, 201214 yr by Fatih Özdemir
February 8, 201214 yr Cool concept, fonts & colours. I could imagine the background making me feel a bit sick after regular use though. Its way to cluttered for my liking, these layouts only really work when there dead clean or really visually impressive. Loose the adverts, I honestly can't imagine you making much money from them and for what it's worth it cheapens the look of your site. I would prefer to click the arrow and have the site scroll to the relevant section, rather than me hovering over to get to the content, if that makes sense. Site scrolls too far at the end, if possible try and keep everything contained within the browser window. The arrows needs to stand out a bit more, it took me a while to realize where they were. A good start, I'm Looking forward to seeing the next version
February 8, 201214 yr Not sure I love the idea of horizontal scrolling. It'd be nicer if it showed X posts per page based on window size and then you click "next". The left and right navigation animation is really nasty, too. Really jumpy, not smooth at all!
February 9, 201214 yr Hi Fatih, I applaud your originality but I don't think the horizontal scrolling works too well for me personally. ...That doesn't mean you can't have a horizontal website! My suggestion is to remove the horizontal scroll bar, and have the content absolutely positioned on top so the background says STILL. Then, have buttons (like you already have with the arrow) that fluidly moves the content left and right. Have the transition SNAPPING to certain points so people don't feel so disorientated. That's just my suggestion, you can ignore me if you like!
Create an account or sign in to comment