November 3, 201114 yr Well since the big panda update one of my sites lost half its traffic overnight. This was mostly due to me just pasting press releases and not rewording them so i deserved the loss of traffic really!. Since then I've taken all the bad content off the site (about 1,500 pages) and traffic is on the up with unique articles. my question is, since i have no idea, is if I add nofollow to a press release article, will Google news still pick it up and use it? its one of our biggest sources of traffic so I don't want to loose it!
November 3, 201114 yr Author Yep, nofollow links are picked up and used when analyzing your site. Google and users want unique content. It;s no surprise that you've been penalized for having lots of content copied from elsewhere. thanks for missing the point completely
November 3, 201114 yr if I add nofollow to a press release article, will Google news still pick it up and use it? Yep, nofollow links are picked up and used when analyzing your site. ^^^ thanks for missing the point completely Pretty rude reply when he answered the question you asked in the first place.
November 3, 201114 yr Nothing more irksome than rudeness with a smile. And yeah, what Rallport said, Google still follows them, they just don't use them to rank you.
Create an account or sign in to comment