Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Advice Please...

Featured Replies

Hello all,

 

This is my first post on this forum, I have no doubt that it will not be the last!!

I'm trying to get a web design business off of the ground at the moment.

 

I'm under no illusions that my site designs need some work, but I'd like your advice and comments on this latest one, if you'd be so kind:-

 

http://www.hjssolutions.com/sites/orchard

 

I'm after a clean and crisp look and feel.

 

This is still in the early design stages, so some of the links actually post back to the home page....

 

TIA.

 

Lee

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum :hi:

Why not pop down to our forum introductions and let everyone know you're here?

 

Your design has a lot going for it, but IMO it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi... I'm not too sure about having the address in italics, and I wonder if you might get a more balanced design if you stick to the same or a similar font to the one used in the logo for this.

I'm also not too keen on the very large capital first letter in each paragraph - to my eye it interrupts the flow of the page.

The image of the cat in the top right corner has a very pale grey line at the top which looks a bit unprofessional.

Nice to see good, clean, valid html though - and I was pleased to see you using the <address> tag - don't see that very often. Definitely on the right track here.

I'd say switch that body background (the green gradient) to something else. At least to me it looks a bit irritating when trying to focus on the actual content. And make the links green too. :)

 

Also, loving the logo, yours' or did someone else do it? :)

Hi,

I read your problem after reading it I suggest you a web design company name. We have designed our site from Jordan Design you can also go there with your problem. I hope it will helpful for you.

 

regards,

ambrose

Hi,

I read your problem after reading it I suggest you a web design company name. We have designed our site from Jordan Design you can also go there with your problem. I hope it will helpful for you.

 

regards,

ambrose

 

I don't think Lee is looking for referrals to a web design company.

  • Author
Hi Lee and welcome to the forum :hi:

Why not pop down to our forum introductions and let everyone know you're here?

 

Your design has a lot going for it, but IMO it lacks a certain je ne sais quoi... I'm not too sure about having the address in italics, and I wonder if you might get a more balanced design if you stick to the same or a similar font to the one used in the logo for this.

I'm also not too keen on the very large capital first letter in each paragraph - to my eye it interrupts the flow of the page.

The image of the cat in the top right corner has a very pale grey line at the top which looks a bit unprofessional.

Nice to see good, clean, valid html though - and I was pleased to see you using the <address> tag - don't see that very often. Definitely on the right track here.

 

Hello there. Thanks for that constructive feedback, it's very much appreciated.

I definately look to change the font to the same one as in the logo.

 

I am also aware of the thin line at the top of the cat image.....this was simply a mock up to show the client in the first instance....I am planning to buy some stock photos to place within the pages now that I have got the contract to design this site for my new clients.

 

Many thanks again....I'll do some more work on the design and post back if I may. I agree that it does lack a certain something at the moment.

  • Author
I'd say switch that body background (the green gradient) to something else. At least to me it looks a bit irritating when trying to focus on the actual content. And make the links green too. :)

 

Also, loving the logo, yours' or did someone else do it? :)

 

Hey, thanks for your comments.

I wish I could take credit for the logo......the clients already had it. I just needed to clean it up a little bit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.