Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need some help on what else needs doing

Featured Replies

Hi all ,

 

This is my first post here :) I have recently started my own web design company after working freelance for local business for the last few years .

 

The website is madidol.com . I am not finished yet I still have to go over all of the text and finish the last few images and things but any feedback at this stage would be useful . Thank you :) I look forward to looking over your comments.

 

Ross

Edited by Mad Idol Designs

some proof reading would be a good idea

you need to put Ltd after your company name

to me the slider/banner is far too big and intrusive. it interferes with the navigation as well. I click a new page and even on a large screen it's difficult to notice that something has changed. I'd hate to try it on a laptop with having to keep scrolling up and down the page.

if you're going to claim standards complaint code make sure your own site is.

IE8 is reporting

Webpage error details

 

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB7.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:02:44 UTC

 

 

Message: 'image' is null or not an object

Line: 160

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://madidol.com/js/script.js

 

Chrome reports 4 warnings.

Zed's right. I'd maybe take the slider away from the About and Services page entirely. It does it's job on the Home page though, and I think it looks really good. But why is the slider control part intentionally pixelated? Doesn't really fit with the rest of the design in my opinion.

 

Bt the way, very nice logo! :)

Edited by Mark-Barry

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.