Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WP - Featured content slider to meet my needs

Featured Replies

Hi everyone!

 

Basically, I made a mock-up for a site in Photoshop, and now I'm looking to make that mock-up a WP-theme. A part of this mock up is the featured content slider, that I have made to look like this:

 

 

I realized that I best use a plugin for this, basically it needs to show not specifically featured posts but the LATEST posts (because there are not going to be that many postings)

 

I did a quick search, and I feel kinda overwhelmed by all the different plugins that exist. I need a plugin that features this layout (so on the left an image with an overlaying text and on the right a number of titles from the articles) and preferably the ability to change the look of the slider easily (especially the backgrounds of the titles)

 

Can anyone recommend me one?

post-28999-0-37827700-1305042357_thumb.png

  • Author

Hi,

 

Thanks a lot for your response! However, I'm aware of the fact that many WordPress specific plugins already exist, so I'm preferring to work with that, considering I'm just starting out on this. Maybe in the future though, I'll use the one in the link you gave, as it is always good to not rely too much on plug-ins. Though, for this time I'm really looking for a simple solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.