March 2, 201115 yr I want to create an interactive floor plan, or in the form of a building directory for our facilities. One of the things we definitely need would be able to search for something and then having the appropriate section of the map highlighted. Do you guys have any ideas?
March 2, 201115 yr Hi tom, I would use flash for this personally. I've not done anything quite like this myself before but have some experience with flash. I know you can connect to a mysql database using Actionscript. Flash would certainly be most suitable for interactivity aspect of what you're trying to do anyway. Lee Brimelow is a sick individual who knows a load about flash and SDKs. Check his site out. It helped me a lot for uni projects and stuff. You might be able to get inspiration or ideas off of that. Hope this helps.
March 2, 201115 yr Funnily enough, I was looking at something I downloaded a while back which sounds like, if adapted,could suit your needs Clickable Map or a more simple solution - use hotspots - HTML <area> Tag
March 2, 201115 yr Check out the following few interactive floor plan samples, might be similar to what you are looking for: An interactive trade show floor plan (with clickable booths, information boxes, etc) 3D feel floor plan with mouse-over text boxes Floor plan of an apartment unit with few rooms I like the 2nd one,which is a 3D feel floor plan the best.
Create an account or sign in to comment