Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Upload Function through website

Featured Replies

Hi,

Hope someone can help me please.

I want to add a function to my website where I want visitors to be able to upload files through the site.

The file format will be pdf and I want to upload this to my web server.

Does anyone know how I go about to do this?

Thank you.

F

Hi,

 

You need to Google "Uploading files with PHP" - most tutorials should cover building the form, copying it to the desired location, renaming it, and making sure that the file extension and mime-type are all good.

I second Rachael on the security thing!

 

You need to make sure you don't allow people to upload malicious files or give them access to any files they shouldn't have access to.

 

Using a highly rated script from hotscripts or similar is probably your best bet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.