Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wonder what do you think of this website...

Featured Replies

I quite like it.

 

Only thing I might change is the tagline (bed & breakfast for people like you) in the header - it kinda looks like part of the title. Needs to be a bit smaller I think.

 

Also, perhaps making the navbar stretch all the way across the top of the content would mean that the design looks a little less lopsided.

 

I think you've come up with a design with lots of potential though, it looks really clean and simple and the use of images is eyecatching. Well done.

The second one seems more structured at first glance, cant tell you why.

 

Two things that occured to me immediately:

- The font in the header is probably not the best choice

- How will the dropdown menus be coded in that style across various browsers. Will it be a flash site?

 

Cheers, microBlonk

  • Author

The second one seems more structured at first glance, cant tell you why.

 

Two things that occured to me immediately:

- The font in the header is probably not the best choice

- How will the dropdown menus be coded in that style across various browsers. Will it be a flash site?

 

Cheers, microBlonk

 

The font in the header is actually their existing logo, unless you`re talking about the menu :) I know for sure it won`t be flash site, but I don`t know how it will be coded, I make PSD only for that project.

 

 

What do you think about the "Become a host" button - is it better in the header or in the left column as in the first jpg?

It still looks a bit lop-sided.

 

You've got a lot of information in the top left, with only the "Become a Host" button in the top right.

 

In terms of the positioning of the button, I think it's fine to put it in the header, expecially if it's important.

 

How about something like this (just a VERY quick fiddle):

 

myRoom4you.com---home1.jpg

 

Just seems a bit more balanced but definitely needs a lot more work.

Sorry, I didn't mean with the whole design - I just meant with the header bit (my attempt above was very quick and messy).

 

I think that, overall, you've got a great design there - it's just the header that needs the work!

I like the design. I would add a search or browse box/function to the homepage maybe where the white blank space is on the left column. Other than that, you have done everything right with the modern feel like social icons and interaction.

 

- Peter

  • Author

Thank you all for your comments

The search bar is definitely going in the header. How could I forget it! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.