Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wordpress 3.0 tutorials

Featured Replies

Any pointers to recommended tutorials for beginners to wordpress 3.0.

I see lynda.com are gonna do one soon and some lot called wordpress101 are also.

I fancy getting into wordpress and figure I should start with the basics... I eventually wanna make my own themes or develop sites with wordpress so any pointers would be appreaciated (I've googled the obvious).

 

cheers

 

t.c.

  • Author

I was wondering if it would be best to start with the very basics as have never used wordpress?

I tried jumping straight in to making own themes via a chris coyier tutorial but failed miserably

  • Author

Thanks my Firefox wasnt displaying their contents (wasnt running add-ons so I used IE) so wernt sure if they were released yet?

 

This is the best WP tutorial I've found, it's what first got me started :)

 

http://www.wpdesigner.com/2007/02/19/so-you-want-to-create-wordpress-themes-huh/

 

Cheers for this one Loxley, its even teaching me some CSS along the way

Try Nettuts.com. Jeffrey Way has a series of video tutorials, longish, taking you from PSD to HTML to WP. (Possibly WP2 I can't remember.)

Thanks my Firefox wasnt displaying their contents (wasnt running add-ons so I used IE) so wernt sure if they were released yet?

 

 

 

Cheers for this one Loxley, its even teaching me some CSS along the way

 

No probs! It was the tutorial I kept coming back to and taught me the basics in Wordpress back in the day :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.