Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Con Men

Featured Replies

Have you ever been ripped off well i have and its the most hurtful thing in the world when you trust someone so much....

It happems to the best of us, I have been ripped off by a hosting company, who still to this date are refusing to give me my money back.

 

I paid them and they told me my hosting would be set up the next day, 3 weeks later I had nothing. They don't reply to emails or anything.

 

networktoad.com they advertise on ebay at the moment as they claim there site is down.

 

Have you ever been ripped off well i have and its the most hurtful thing in the world when you trust someone so much....

I was ripped off numerous times in my eBay days, always by customers (you horrible, horrible human beings :p). The best thing I ever did was stop taking personal cheques (this was in the Dark Ages, circa 1998 B.P. - Before Paypal).

 

As a web designer I've only been ripped off once, again by a customer. :rolleyes: I've posted the whole sordid tale elsewhere on the WDF, but the short version is that we signed a contract for a website, I did a week's worth of work, and then she ran to her bank and stopped payment on the cheque because she was rejected for a business loan and never had the money in the first place.

 

This was about eight months ago and I hear she's now out of business. Karma... :acute:

I wouldn't say ripped off but we have had a few chargebacks in the past. I got over that by not releasing source files etc until the payments have cleared.

 

If its a substantial amount of money around £500 + you should take it to small claims. Or you could put a clause in the contract saying that you can send out debt collection...

I've not been ripped off yet, but it's probably only a matter of time...

 

I guess being nice works most of the time, but eventually you just have to sell the debt on and let them deal with 4 burly men in suits...

Not ripped off, but I've had my IP stolen.

 

My work is still out there on the web now, earning money for a thief.

 

I'm not bitter :rolleyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.