Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What do people think of OVH?

Featured Replies

I'm quite new to web hosting (ok, really new). Sites have low levels of traffic, as they are points of presence for local companies. I should say that I am UK based, and I know OVH HQ is in France, but so far I've not had any real issues (the odd reference in some help files has been in French!)

 

So far I have seen lots of places offers services at all sorts of different price points. I've tried 1and1 and now OVH. OVH seems to offer the same level of performance, but at a much lower price point. So far I have been using both for about 3 months each.

 

I've heard people talk about a "cpanel", although I have not seen one of these yet. Are these really useful?

 

As for my hosting, I use a content management system called CMS Made Simple, so no hosts offer an auto install for this anyway. I've not found it too much of a hardship to upload the files and setup the database to get things going. OK, it took a few hours the first time, but I'm now well practiced at doing this - only takes about 30 mins now to get things setup just as I want.

 

Just looking for some opinions, and maybe some links to REAL hosting review sites - most of the stuff google is churning out appears to be "sponsored".

Hiya Luminous

 

We have used 3 different sites to manage our reviews.

 

ratepoint.com

freeindex.co.uk

webhostingstuff.com

 

Currently, were sticking with ratepoint.com, its perfect, and its professionally done. Freeindex.co.uk is great, but its not professional having competitors adverts appearing on your own page, but many of our reviews can be found on all 3 of those website.

 

It is hard though to get people to offer a review/testimonial. When things are going well, they do other things, and not write about you. Its only when people get mad do they rant and curse.

 

 

I've heard people talk about a "cpanel", although I have not seen one of these yet. Are these really useful?

 

 

 

Presently Cpanel is best Hosting control panel, due to its simplicity of managing your website activities like creating Email, managing Email forwarders,Filemanager,MYSQL manager.. In addition to this there are addons like Fantastico, Softaculous which can be easily integrated with cpanel (most of the hosting companies offer them) this applications offers you 1 click auto installer for more than 100 scripts like Wordpress,Joomla Drupal etc.

 

Its really good if you are deciding to go with a host offering cpanel hosting.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.