October 6, 201016 yr i have googled several times but idnt find any tool ( free) for php encryption. can any one suggest me where can i found php free encryption facilites/tool?
October 6, 201016 yr Author <?php content.. should.. encrypt ?> after encrypt it will be like.. asfsviwirwuewee6fd6f6sdd6f65sdf6sfsd6f ds54ds5fsewr5f4ds65fd45f6d6f5df5645d6d65
October 6, 201016 yr $encoded = md5("Some string") <-- One-way encryption. $encoded = sha1("Some string") <-- One-way encryption but apparently has known flaws. $encoded = base64_encode("Some string"); $decoded = base64_decode($encoded) <-- Encodes rather than encrypts (Two-way)
October 6, 201016 yr Author $encoded = md5("Some string") <-- One-way encryption. $encoded = sha1("Some string") <-- One-way encryption but apparently has known flaws. $encoded = base64_encode("Some string"); $decoded = base64_decode($encoded) <-- Encodes rather than encrypts (Two-way) can you explain it? if you have time... i am a php newbie so i didnt understand
October 6, 201016 yr can you explain it? if you have time... i am a php newbie so i didnt understand MD5 and SHA1 basically turn any string into a 32 character hexidecimal (a-f & 0-9) string known as a hash. They're both one-way encryptions meaning that you can only make a string into a hash and can't find the original string from the hash. Well... you can but only by searching databases of hashes which have been recorded. As for base64 I can't really explain that as I don't use it and only know that it's a two-way encryption.
October 6, 201016 yr MD5 and SHA1 basically turn any string into a 32 character hexidecimal (a-f & 0-9) string known as a hash. They're both one-way encryptions meaning that you can only make a string into a hash and can't find the original string from the hash. Well... you can but only by searching databases of hashes which have been recorded. As for base64 I can't really explain that as I don't use it and only know that it's a two-way encryption. Actually SHA1 is 40 characters
October 6, 201016 yr I use MD5 for a lot of encodes and yes I have also heard SHA1 throws up some problems time to time :/
Create an account or sign in to comment