February 17, 200818 yr Ok, I think this is the right place to post this, so here goes. I found this excellent article on typography and how to improve your skills in this area. Being that the net is primarily a text based medium, I feel this must have some value. It's a fair bit to read, but really worth. I already have ideas for my next project... 5 simple steps to better typography Enjoy :-)
February 18, 200818 yr Nice find. Thanks for sharing. For more reading on typography I highly recommend the book "The Elements of Typographic Style" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elements_...pographic_Style http://www.amazon.com/Elements-Typographic...t/dp/0881791326 Also, the myfonts.com's news letter is very interesting. (just came across this when I googled for the links above: "The Elements of Typographic Style applied to the web" Haven't read it, but I skimmed the TOC and it looks interesting.)
February 20, 200818 yr hey.. all the above links were quite useful.. thanx for sharing all of these...
February 23, 200818 yr One book was left out that should be read by everyone http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/156...kstorenow600-20
February 24, 200818 yr Glad to see someone finally touching on typography... I'm pig sick of seeing bad use of letterforms and typestyles! I started my career in design when Letraset and Linotype were still being used, and boy did that teach you some valuable lessons about typography! In fact, I do believe typography was a part of my coursework way back in the day!
February 27, 200818 yr Great article. You might be interested in The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web. It is quite a chunky resource, but extremely well put together for typographic theory. Rob
February 27, 200818 yr Another great link, that I found really useful for cross browser compatibility, is http://www.alistapart.com/articles/howtosizetextincss
March 6, 200818 yr If you are looking for some sites that deal with typography i have some more for you : http://sharebrain.info/category/resources/...tes-about-type/ hope u like them thomas
March 17, 200818 yr Where is the best place to go looking for a font? I know what I want I just haven't seen anything yet!
March 18, 200818 yr Where is the best place to go looking for a font? I know what I want I just haven't seen anything yet! Non-free: www.myfonts.com - even have a tool to let you identify a font from an image Free: http://www.larabiefonts.com/
Create an account or sign in to comment