Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need some thoughts on my site

Featured Replies

Hi, I've recently finished my site, debatables: www.joehollo.co.uk/debatables - the idea is that you make a statement and people argue with you about it - I think I've done an OK job of making it so far - really it's just a prototype and I'll probably remake it entirely if people think the general idea of the site is good. So, what do you think?

Welcome to WDF!

 

I really like the idea, it should be a good base for an interesting and fun site.

 

At the moment I think you need to work on the usability, for instance it's not obvious how I would respond to a debate.

 

Also you have a few dead links but you're probably working on those.

It's a nice idea and very interesting, but the design leaves something to be desired in a few areas.

 

  • The logo is a tad basic; could do with some sprucing up.
  • The text in the login and register buttons is too big for the speech bubbles around them, and the text on them is very rough and pixelated.
  • All the links on your site are still blue and underlined; so I'm guess you haven't styled them yet. It would make a big difference.
  • Something I notoriously get anal about; spacing and alignment. Not so much alignment in this case, but spacing. For example here:
     
    screenshot20100912at164.png
     
    It looks far too cramped. Experiment with margins and padding a bit more.

It's definitely a site I'd be interested in keeping an eye on myself.

  • Author

Thanks for the kind words guys, I was thinking about keeping the database and recycling most of the PHP and creating an entirely new front end. I'm not sure if I'll continue with this or not now though - Any thoughts on how I could get people to use this? Sadly I have no budget to spend on advertising and the like.

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.