February 1, 200818 yr Hey, well I am designing a website for a company called sunshine floral designs and they want me to create a logo for them, and im lost. lol does anyone have any ideas? Thanks
February 1, 200818 yr They don't have a logo already? How about incorporating a sunflower, maybe a half moon shape with the company name over top? Hehe, I'm sooo not a designer so that's my one idea.
February 1, 200818 yr Lol Im not much of a designer either Thanks for the sunflower idea. Not much of a designer? Experience: Intermediate Area of Expertise: Designer Anyway a few tips about logo design... first kiss, other wise known as keep it simple, stupid. Some of the best logos and most timeless logos are that which are eye-catching but very simple. second remember that logos are often reduced down, sometimes to quite small, so stay away from very small text that when reduced down becomes a third sit with a pen and paper, even when you are just watching the tv and doodle shapes, flowers are a good place to start but thing outside the box yet not so far outside that its a symbol of a car. But the best ideas can come when you are just doodling...and as no one will see them then there is no need to hold back or be embarrassed about what you draw.
February 1, 200818 yr no offence it looks cheap and tacky...and you have clipped the bottom of the g off (but that might have just been in a rush to show) the font is what is making it look a little tacky and my boyfriend thought it looked like a rope. It just doesn't scream floral
February 1, 200818 yr just saw your logo on the brown background on the site....it doesn't look so bad there as it does on the white, but it still doesn't look like flowers
February 2, 200818 yr Author Ya, I know.. Im looking for fonts but 22pixels flock wont install on my computer? Does anyone know of any good font packs?
February 2, 200818 yr lol am i missing something or is it just a hidden thing? Is there a link to the site lol? I'd help you out if i knew where to look haha.
February 2, 200818 yr Author O ya sorry lastcrime, I forgot to post a link, dizi knew from my other thread. Its http://www.boyleswebdesign.com/Clients/Sun...sign/index.html .
February 3, 200818 yr Sorry to pile on (and remember, I'm NOT a designer so I can't say I don't break this rule myself ) but I don't think the definition of a logo ought to be "company name in a downloaded font pack." There should be some kind of unifying graphical purpose to it - not just words in script. Por ejemplo: Chili's logo is a neat font, sure, but that's not all it is. The colour represents the name (green and red are types of chili peppers). There's a graphical element (the chili pepper apostrophe) and they even go so far as to explain what type of business they are (in an understated, smaller font). Very few corporate logos can stand alone as just text - even Xerox has recently added a graphical element to their classic font. I found these other corporate examples that might serve as inspiration: Note that, in nearly all cases where it's "just text", the font is super-unique to that company (Kool-Aid, Virgin, et al) and/or they have multi-million dollar marketing budgets that have made their simple logos memorable. But most of the time, there is still a graphical element that defines the brand (Subway and FedEx use arrows, for example). *Drops 2 pence in the bucket and runs away*
February 4, 200818 yr I agree with Expat, 100%. I will have a bash for you if you like, i'm just in practice mode anyway before i try and build up some clients. I've got a fair bit of experience doing logos but i've been out of it recently, i've literally done many thousands of them when i used to work in a signs and graphics store a few years back now, even did some work for the RAC and the PFA at one point. Let me know if you're still stuck ,i'll gladly help out if i can. Carl
February 4, 200818 yr I quite like the current logo on your demo site, it just needs something else to bring it to life. Check out this site for some pointers and/or inspiration. Also Not sure 3 columns works on this site...seems a bit over bearing (IMHO) consequently making the middle banner too underwhelming (it should shout).
Create an account or sign in to comment