Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi! Another newbie here

Featured Replies

Soooo I'm Aimee, not long started out in the area of web design really. I started off a few years ago by making a website to get me referrals to make money online, aswell as creating a site for a local village committee thing. But I've always always loved design and working with computers. Then in January this year I managed to get a job with a web design company. I know very simple html and am entirely self taught. I primarily use sitemaker so nothing too challenging but I hope to further my own knowledge as I go. Any hints or tips.. even advice on where I can learn some more stuff.. would be great! I've just created my own website and business cards and things.. though I still kinda feel like a cheat, calling myself a freelance web designer. At least until I've learned a bit more, anyway. Ok, enough rambling for now lol. :)

Welcome!

 

'The first step is always the hardest.'

  • Author

Thanks for the kind welcome. :)

Well.. it was a case of 'who you know, not what you know' lol.

My dad knew a guy who knew a guy who ran a web design and optimisation company. He mentioned that he was looking for another web designer, so this guy told him I'm artistic, great with computers, know a small amount of stuff on web design etc. So the guy gave him his card. I called him, popped in to see him.. he asked me to design something there and then and show him what I'd done in the past, and gave me the job there and then. I've learned a lot from these guys since then. But I can tell that there is a whooole lot more to learn, lol. I'm enjoying it though.

  • Author

That would be what my name means! :p

Thanks for the links :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.