Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Using PHP

Featured Replies

I have started using PHP recently and wonder if there is any virtual host that can be downloaded onto my computer so that I don't have to upload the pages to my server after every code change

 

Regards,

Junior

I use XAMPP (free and cross-platform). It runs on your computer and you access it by going to http://localhost

You get the full PHP and MySQL with PHPMyAdmin support just like you would on a web server

WAMPP is great or if you have a Mac use MAMP (or just configure it use a database engine and you can run php straight from your mac.

They're basically the same - xampp comes with perl installed and ready for use.

  • Author

Cheers guys am downloading XAMPP will prob be asking questions about that next week lol

 

Regards

Junior

Xampp can be configured to use as a mail server, I believe mampp/wampp cant

  • Author

Can you show me how to use it as a mail server as the first thing I need it for is a contact form and the form isn't working online not sure why...

 

Regards,

Junior

Can you show me how to use it as a mail server as the first thing I need it for is a contact form and the form isn't working online not sure why...

 

Regards,

Junior

 

What errors are you getting online, this could be due to many things, your form, the php processing the form, your host requiring certain criteria eg the fifth parameter.

 

can you post your form and the php processing it

  • Author

The php works, as in it forwards the user to the next page etc but it doesn't email the form to my email....

 

I can post code just not till I get to my laptop.

 

Regards,

Junior

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.