Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RTFM Newbies!

Featured Replies

<rant>

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't freaking take it anymore.

 

If I see one more thread being started with any of the following themes:

 

'How do I get started in web design'

'What HTML editor should I use'

 

I WILL KILL YOU!!!

 

These questions get asked daily, and get the same freaking responses:

 

Search the forum - which will inevitably yield the same questions, to which the standard response is

 

- check out W3Schools and HTML Dog (among others)

- take your pick from Notepad++, PSPad, Dreamweaver, Netbeans, Aptana, Coda

 

</rant>

 

My apologies if you've asked these questions in the last 24 hours, of course, we're glad to help (and have probably all asked the same questions)...

 

If I see one more thread being started with any of the following themes:

 

'How do I get started in web design'

'What HTML editor should I use'

 

I WILL KILL YOU!!!

 

 

Don't forget 'Contact Form' :D

Oh, and 'How much should I charge?' come to think of it too :D

BTW, how do I get started in web design?

BTW, how do I get started in web design?

 

Find out how much you should charge, and take it from there ;)

<rant>

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!! I can't freaking take it anymore.

 

If I see one more thread being started with any of the following themes:

 

'How do I get started in web design'

'What HTML editor should I use'

 

I WILL KILL YOU!!!

 

These questions get asked daily, and get the same freaking responses:

 

Search the forum - which will inevitably yield the same questions, to which the standard response is

 

- check out W3Schools and HTML Dog (among others)

- take your pick from Notepad++, PSPad, Dreamweaver, Netbeans, Aptana, Coda

 

</rant>

 

My apologies if you've asked these questions in the last 24 hours, of course, we're glad to help (and have probably all asked the same questions)...

 

Mate I have gone past the point of getting annoyed by this too, a lot of people that go on forums are either too lazy or (something else) to actually search for something - people search on Google for things all the time, they don't email Google and say "how do I do this" or "where can I find that", I just don't get why people don't apply the same logic that's used on search engines to forums as well.

Eventually we'll reach that utopia of having every question answered in a previous thread and we can just use the search feature to find it...we won't have to speak to each other ever again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.