Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

XAMPP running slowly

Featured Replies

I have noticed that my XAMPP server is running pretty slowly at the moment - i.e. taking longer to refresh, scrolling has become jerky etc. One thing I have recently done is install Modx to play around with - would this be the cause? And if so, what can I do to fix it? Is there anything else I can do to reduce the lag?

 

Thanks

I have noticed that my XAMPP server is running pretty slowly at the moment - i.e. taking longer to refresh, scrolling has become jerky etc. One thing I have recently done is install Modx to play around with - would this be the cause? And if so, what can I do to fix it? Is there anything else I can do to reduce the lag?

 

Thanks

 

What is the web server doing exactly? when happens when you go to http://localhost?

What browser?

How much RAM, is your machine using / have left?

Have you stop Apache and restarted it? And do you have Apache running as a service or not?

  • Author

Browser: Firefox

Port: 80

 

I have disabled Firewall and restarted Apache with no improvement.

I'm not connecting to a remote database.

Here is a screenshot of my Task Manager hopefully this will answer your other questions?

post-14032-126755673738_thumb.jpg

Browser: Firefox

Port: 80

 

I have disabled Firewall and restarted Apache with no improvement.

I'm not connecting to a remote database.

Here is a screenshot of my Task Manager hopefully this will answer your other questions?

 

Okay seems "normal" to me. Are you running Apache as a service? What is the web server doing?

  • Author

I don't understand what you mean by 'what is it doing'? If you mean what am I using it for I am just using it for testing my sites - I'm not providing a service with it. Actually I think Firefox in genereal seems a bit slow, but most noticable when viewing my sites on XAMPP. Can I overload the XAMPP folder with too much stuff? Could that be the cause?

Hi!

 

A problem with "scrolling" isn't a problem with XAMPP - that usually points back at the browser, which may be using plugins or is simply being held back by a lack of resources on your computer.

 

From the task manager screenshot, it seems there's something running on your computer that's being a CPU hog, and that could be slowing down your browser.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.