Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Background image

Featured Replies

I've got a image I want as bg of the body, its 1920px x 1600px and a texture so I'm not sure of the best way of doing this, don't think repeat will work as the texture wont match up.

 

has anyone any ideas link

 

thanks

Hi,

 

I use this method which works fine for this particular project but may not do for yours as it will distort your background image - but maybe it wont be too distorted to get away with??.

 

Help yourself to the code if it's any use at http://www.arecadesign.co.uk/deleeuw/deleeuw2.html

 

(Still a work in progress obviously).

 

Jo

  • Author

I was going to try 100% width and height but wasn't sure how distorted this would become on a larger view, I'm sure I've seen somewhere where you can test how it looks on different resolutions but can't find it now lol

 

cheers

You can definitely try making a pattern out of your texture. Try this tutorial.

 

Don't forget your patch size could be as big as you need it to be, so to the eye, it shouldn't be too obvious that its repeating.

  • Author

cheers empek

 

I've got it repeating if anyone with the big screen could give it a test please

Pattern looks flawless to me!

 

Nice Job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.