Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Float Problem

Featured Replies

Hi all, just experiencing trouble with a floated element.

 

I've positioned: absolute my footer so that its always 10px from the bottom of the page, above that I have my main content area which has 3 columns.

The problem I'm having is that the content in the right hand column is higher than the rest but instead of pushing down the footer it overlaps it.

 

Can anyone help?

Nothing will push down something that is absolutely positioned, instead of absolutely positioning it, could you not declare the positioning, and give the footer a rule of clear:both; or clear:right; instead so it will be pushed down by the right column?

  • Author

Problem sorted, I'd got another absolute positioned div once I'd removed the positioning it was fine. Cheers Stevo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.