Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RE: new website for my brother

Featured Replies

http://www.muzzyunited.com

 

Just thought I would post this here to see what people thought of it.

The site is for a 5-a-side team the imagery is basic as the website is heavily stats based.

 

Any ideas or things you think need brushing up on?

 

Let me know what you think.

 

PS. Most of the site is XHTML compliant although I am having a few problems with the home page atm.

Nice design, andylyon87. I would like to give some remarks:

 

http://volodko.ru/muzzyunited.jpg

 

1. Increase total height of header. Increase margins between header objects and borders of header box.

2. Increase size of logo.

3. Swap logo with MuzzyUnited.

4. Why use a standard type Tahoma for graphics? IMHO, you could try to take, for instance, Futuris – for logo, menu items, table header - and leave Tahoma as screen font.

5. Current Form to move down and horizontally with logo.

6. Equal intervals between elements of navigation menu look more accurate, even without separators.

7. Align Upcoming Fixtures to the left with Zimmer Athletic.

8, 9. Add rounded corners to maintain the unity of style.

10. Increase bottom padding in table box.

11. Add visually distinguishable footer.

 

I hope this helps you.

 

Play with padding, margins, alignment of elements, gradients, and so on.

 

Good luck!

Edited by Lev

  • Author

Thanks for the response. Think I will implement a lot of what you have mentioned.

 

I will be putting in the different font, and changing the padding and spacings and eventually I will probably implement the rounded corners.

  • Author

I thought I would post back with the updated version of my website : www.muzzyunited.com

 

Thanks for the help. The tips were very useful. Still have a few kinks to iron out but other than that site is working well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.