Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Web forwarding

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I have a handful of websites that I have designed for friends, relatives etc that are currently all uploaded onto the 1 hosting account.

 

I have however, purchased unique domain names for each of the sites.

 

I am using FRAMED WEB FORWARDING to diguise the address, which seems to be the only way to mask the actual address. It works great in that when someone types in the relative site name, that's exactly what shows - and NOT the actual destination address.

 

The only thing is, they don't seem to be doing well in the search engines and I suspect it's because of the framed forwarding.

 

An example I can give you is that when I register the site(s) with google, I cannot verify them because it's expecting to find the HTML file(s) or META tag(s) in the root directory - but they're all on the same web space account :(

 

The only way I can see around this is to purchase web space for EVERY single website I build (which will incur significant cost increases). Can anyone recommend another approach?

 

Hope this makes sense, I sincerely hope someone on here can help.

 

Much appreciated,

 

Regards

 

Q4Legend

  • Author

Update:

 

123-reg support have replied to my initial query stating that I could use CNAME to resolve this issue...

 

Never heard of CNAME - can anyone clarify?

 

TIA

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.