August 21, 200917 yr Hi Does anyone have any info on how to start a business selling mobile phones inc contracts and has anyone set up a site which credit checks etc? Or maybe it will just forward you to the carriers main site?? I have no idea how it works. Anyone got any info or resources?
August 21, 200917 yr One thing to be careful of: Mobile phone companies only allow 2 pay as you go phones per quarter to be sold to any one person. This has to be checked on their database, using names and postcodes, to stop people buying 100 and selling on. I got told i couldnt buy more than 2, when i was buying 3 for my mums work. Reaper
August 21, 200917 yr Have a look on the network provider's websites Andy, there's normally info on there on how to sign up as an affiliate/reseller etc.
August 21, 200917 yr I did a site for a guy when I was at college. He had a script that was really good. It asked the user some questions and then worked out which was the best phone & deal for them. Then it took them to the sellers site and he just got his commission, he didn't even have to collect any user information at all and he made a fortune! I cant remember what the script was called but I do remember it was written in ASP.NET. Try looking on hotscripts.com, he probably got it from there.
August 22, 200917 yr It would be fairly easy to make something like this from scratch, the problem is every man and his dog is doing it now so the market is saturated. You would only make money from this nowadays if you offered some really fantastic deal i.e. free line rental for 6 months, free PS3, etc. etc. rather than just offering a standard tariff which you can get on the network's site anyway.
Create an account or sign in to comment