Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is hostgator worth it?

Featured Replies

I heard you can get a hostgator coupon so you can get the first month for $0.01. Is this for real? Because that would be just awesome!

gatorlove.gif

Probably, but Hostgator aren't expensive anyway and they are solely US hosting at the planet.

 

Could this possibly be spam ?

I heard you can get ...

 

Presumably HG dont pay you enough to be original with your spam, so you have to repeat it verbatim on every forum you sign up to ... ?

Yea, i have to agree. HG can be painfully slow.

 

Its probably a spambot rather than a real person, that'd be cheaper for them.

Yea, i have to agree. HG can be painfully slow.

 

Its probably a spambot rather than a real person, that'd be cheaper for them.

 

Hostgator is simply slow because it is routed from USA. UK ISPS handle this routing in order of priority. If you want you your hostgator account uncapped then you would have to speak to ISPS to stop that.

 

I have a friend in USA who applied for an intern at HostGator as they are based in his locale.

 

They are a good company with reasonably fast servers and good prices.

 

If you can't handle the cap don't go with them. I can vouch for their tech support and sales that they are a bonafide top notch company.

 

I have been a customer for around 1 year now and they have never let me down.

 

Yes I feel they can be a bit slow but like I said this is a routing issue and not HostGator.

 

A lot of my work comes from USA so I really just don't mind.

 

If I want faster access a proxy would be an idea for personal use, but that does not cover UK customers.

 

Nuff said :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.