Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Portfolio Site

Featured Replies

Think I prefer your old one mate. Too bland for me. You need to bring it too life. Make it modern, sleek, sexy!

I dont mind it mate but the orange borders are too much for me; the difference in text on the home page and the solid white against the colour of the background for me doesnt work

{Soapbox mode on}

 

I think the pricing is utterly ludicrous. If your lead your customers to expect web design for £149, you've nobody to blame but yourself if you end up taking 20, 30, 40 hours or more to earn that meagre £149.

 

10 hours of hard work for £149 is just £14.90 an hour. That's better than stacking shelves, but it's peanuts when it comes to sustaining a freelance career. And 10 hours is optimistic, surely?

 

I saw this budget pricing model back in 1997-2000. I don't think it can ever lead to a sustainable business and I think it totally devalues web design.

 

It's 2009. Any serious business, whatever the sector, should not be wanting (or encouraged to want) template based, package based web design. They should want a website that works for them.

 

{Soapbox mode off}

  • 2 weeks later...
Ok I have finished it now. What is everyones opinion? http://www.foddesign.co.uk

 

I quite like the colours et al, just think it needs a bit more visual interest. Then again I'm not really a fan of WP sites so I'm probably biased ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.