Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do I need an CMS?

Featured Replies

I need some advice, please...

 

I need to develop a web site that includes a blog, a forum and a place for members to submit articles (text + picture). It doesn't have to be anything flashy with screaming graphics or animation...

 

Do I need an CMS for it? If yes, what kind? I'm a newby to this. Up till this point I've only had static sites and a Wordpress blog.

 

Is this something Joomla would do? (Came across their site, but got a bit confused in terminology.)

 

Can you suggest something I should learn that is free (I have hosting and domain covered already), allows for properly keyworded URLs (as opposed to numbered, like ucoz.com) and has templates that are not too hard to get or modify...

 

Hopefully it is also something that's not too difficult to learn. At this point I know some html and css, but no PHP.

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.