Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Speed up firefox?

Featured Replies

Hi everyone,

It seems that my browser is getting pretty slow n loading whenever I surf online. I wonder if I did anything worng in the setting or what..which I didn't do anything at all for past few month since i install it. When there is an update, my browser is automatically updating it.

 

So, I wonder if there is a way for me to kind of speed up the loading time?

What kind of computer are you using? A Pc maybe? Windows XP tends to get bloated with spyware and other bad stuff, which can tend to slow down your connection.

  • Author

Hi,

Oh I ddn't aware of this possibility! I am using Window XP indeed for my laptop. And I use it very heavily, meaning I am online for more than 8hours avergely per day to do some server admin and related.

 

I also have IE installed on my laptop, but I seldom perform virus scan using the yahoo toolbar. Maybe it is a good idea to get myself starting to perform regular scanning.

I have both browsers install Internet explorer and FireFox but seldom use Internet explore .I am afraid Anti Viruses slow down my system so feeling my browsers going to slow but now i have uninstalld some unwanted softwares from systems and this helps alot .For you i advice to check Your Ram And increase it if you can because rams help alot in internet browsing!

  • 1 year later...

Try Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy and Windows Defender. They're all free and they all detect different things.

 

You might want to disable you extensions and see if things run faster then. In which case you start enabling them one by one until you find the culprit.

  • 2 years later...

I know this thread is a 2 yr thread. just want to comment to try some tweaks on making the Firefox browser fast. ask mr. google :D

  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Scan your whole PC by using a trusted antivirus. Remove the old browser caches and cookies. And get increase your RAM atleast up to 2 GB ram will be sufficient.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.