Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Wordpresses

Featured Replies

I've fallen in love with Wordpress, and have decided that using it for 3 different parts of a big site that I have is a lot better idea that doing it how I have it right now. Is it okay to have 3 wordpress blogs on one site? Would it be better to just have the seperate pages as I have now?

 

Are there any drawbacks?

 

Here is the main layout of the site:

 

1) Home page, contact, FAQ, about, privacy -- all that boring stuff

2) Forum

3) Ecommerce store

4) Library

5) The Cave

6) The Zone

 

Library, Cave & Zone are all pretty huge sections (or will be) and they are the ones I want to use Wordpress for.

I've fallen in love with Wordpress, and have decided that using it for 3 different parts of a big site that I have is a lot better idea that doing it how I have it right now. Is it okay to have 3 wordpress blogs on one site? Would it be better to just have the seperate pages as I have now?

 

Are there any drawbacks?

 

Here is the main layout of the site:

 

1) Home page, contact, FAQ, about, privacy -- all that boring stuff

2) Forum

3) Ecommerce store

4) Library

5) The Cave

6) The Zone

 

Library, Cave & Zone are all pretty huge sections (or will be) and they are the ones I want to use Wordpress for.

 

I think that having it all on one site would work, so long as it wasn't horribly cluttered. You might get more crossover visitors that way.

 

I can't think of any drawbacks off hand, except the possibility of everything just getting too busy looking.

  • Author

Well, the wordpress scripts would all be running on the same site / domain name.

 

I'm not quite sure why it would get busy looking though. I mean, the navigation menu would have 6 or so things on it, and the home page would basically highlight what the sections were with a little content blurb or something.

Hmmm well I'm no expert on that matter, but the first thing that came to mind was the same thing that was mentionned; as long as it's easy to navigate and doesn't make anything incoherent, then it should be all good.

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.