Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drop Down Vavigation

Featured Replies

Anyone know where i can get some code to create a drop navigation list which works in ie6?

I gave you that in the PM I sent you last night, a fully coded drop down menu that you could download and pull apart to see how it ticked...but as that didn't seem to help you. Here is a tutorial ( you will only need the first bit as the second bit is about making it better with JQuery)

 

http://www.kriesi.at/archives/create-a-mul...e-it-via-jquery

 

or you could try using a suckerfish version which uses a little bit of java script:

 

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns

http://htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/

  • Author
I gave you that in the PM I sent you last night, a fully coded drop down menu that you could download and pull apart to see how it ticked...but as that didn't seem to help you. Here is a tutorial ( you will only need the first bit as the second bit is about making it better with JQuery)

 

http://www.kriesi.at/archives/create-a-mul...e-it-via-jquery

 

or you could try using a suckerfish version which uses a little bit of java script:

 

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns

http://htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/

 

Did you see all the code in that it was well messy. I want a tutorial as i will learn more than ripping another one off!

FIRSTLY!!! where did I say rip off I would never tell you to Rip off a someone else!!! I said, you could have a look at it and pull apart the code to see how it worked as it might help you, not rip off the code. Strangely enough if I read your question again in this post it says :

 

Anyone know where i can get some code to create a drop navigation list which works in ie6?

 

 

Not tutorial :rolleyes:

 

I just noticed that that tutorial says at the bottom it won't work in IE6. sorry I thought that they had magically found a solution to make it work css only without all the conditional statements that IE6 seems to always need for a dropdown (all that mess that is in the code I showed you). As Ie6 doesn't like using much common sense, which is why normally (unless a solution other that JS has been found, as I don't use dropdowns that much) you have to use conditions to get it to work. Which is what that messy code would have shown you...again I didn't tell you to rip it off and again you never asked for a tutorial you asked for code.

 

 

If you don't want to make conditional statements, best bet is suckerfish. But as I said the only non JS solution that I know of to get it to work in IE6 is conditions, so if someone else knows a better one then woohoo. As I might learn something too, which is always a bonus :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.